VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED

So I'm putting together a new retro system and the case has a recessed spot for one of those domed case badges and I cant for the life of me think of what to put there.
I was thinking of a Evil inside or a umbrella corp badge just for fun, but I just can't make up my mind.
I'm not a fan of case badges that sate what's hardware is inside the computer or the OS its running. But I don't like the recessed spot on the case going empty.

Anyone have any idea for something cool and unique?

Thanks.

EDIT:
Kink of dumb, but I have a Mitsubishi CRT maybe a Mitsubishi Case Badge? To Crony?

Reply 3 of 8, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Jade Falcon wrote:

It's a slot 1 systems.
I really don't want any reference to the hardware of the system

How about paintshopping an Intel Pentium MMX logo into a "Hexium Inside" with the "MMX" bit of the logo replaced by "SSE"? 😁

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 6 of 8, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
shamino wrote:

"V8" badge from a 1990s Ford Thunderbird or Jeep Cherokee. Probably too big though.

Now that's a cool idea, but the spot for the badge is only 1"x1" or very close to it.

Reply 7 of 8, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

How about nothing? If you ever decide to use the case with a different system, or sell the case, it will make things more difficult.

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 8 of 8, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
clueless1 wrote:

How about nothing? If you ever decide to use the case with a different system, or sell the case, it will make things more difficult.

I don't ever plan to sell it, but upgrades are not off the table. That's why I don't want anything to do with the systems hardware