VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by 386_junkie

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It's been a while since i've used PCPBench and it doesn't seem to want to load anymore, either something is wrong with the program or i've forgot the syntax/modes.

when I type "pcpbench /vgamode", the program runs fine, but anything else... the program doesn't want to initialise!

Even trying to run just "pcpbench.exe" gives an error in German that mode 100 can't run.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Compaq Systempro; EISA Dual 386 ¦ Compaq Junkiepro; EISA Dual 386 ¦ ALR Powerpro; EISA Dual 386

EISA Graphic Cards ¦ EISA Graphic Card Benchmarks

Reply 1 of 2, by FGB

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Mode 100 requires a VESA 1.x compliant VGA-BIOS. Run the program with the switch "/modes" to display the modes your graphics card can display. Or just load a VESA (UNIVBE and such) compliant TSR and run again.

You can throw this readme into any online translator (it's in German): ftp://ftp.zedz.net/pub/msdos/78.46.141.148/be … OS/LIESMICH.TXT

www.AmoRetro.de Visit my huge hardware gallery with many historic items from 16MHz 286 to 1000MHz Slot A. Includes more than 80 soundcards and a growing Wavetable Recording section with more than 300 recordings.

Reply 2 of 2, by 386_junkie

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Silly me... of course, I forgot about UniVBE!

Thanks for the reminder! 😁

Compaq Systempro; EISA Dual 386 ¦ Compaq Junkiepro; EISA Dual 386 ¦ ALR Powerpro; EISA Dual 386

EISA Graphic Cards ¦ EISA Graphic Card Benchmarks