VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED

I bought a His 4670 iSilence 4 simply for the VNF100 that was on it. But is does not have the mount I need to use it on a 7950gt.

I'm thinking of casing a mount for it, I have another vnf100 with the right mount and its cast aluminum/pop medal or something.
So a cast mount will work.
I done a lot of casting, but mostly to refine scrap and make bronze. I'm really good at making different metal alloys and refining scrap but this will be the first time I ever made anything like this.

The other idea would be to make a sheet metal adapter plate.

Anyway, your thoughts? If I make a cast mount anyone want to see a work log or something?

Reply 1 of 5, by ratfink

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

What is the function of the mount in this case? A place for bolts to go through? A face for the gpu chip [in which case: are there fine tolerances here]? A spacer betwwen heat sink and pcb? Is it just one side needed or both?

Would be interested to sdee how you do it.

Reply 2 of 5, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED

It will be the mounting plate that holds the heatsink to the card and its very obvious that Zelman had them casted to began with.

The gray part in this photo is that part I'll be making.
https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/HIS/HD_46 … ges/cooler4.jpg

More photos here
https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/HIS/HD_46 … iSilence/4.html

The VNF100 had two mounting plates, one was for the fx59x0 and 7800/79x0/6800 cards. The other was for most other cards.
The one liked is the one on the his 4670 and I'll need to make the other versions.

Reply 3 of 5, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED

I just cant get a brake latly. I was going to cast the mount today, and i added to much whater to the green sand, only to find out it needed filtered and malled. 😒 and once i got the mold ready it started to rain. 😒
I dont mind eorking in the rain, but casting metal in tge raid is a really bad idea. Unless if you want to lose a limb.