VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm getting confused about the various editions of this game.

There seems to be (at least) two editions of this game. There was a original one and later another edition called "LK Avalon" one. The LK Avalon adds polish language, and is less desirable because it contains some bugs and is not compatible with JJ2+. At this moment, I've found three editions of that game over internet...

- LK Avalon 1 (Setup.exe size is 61772524 bytes). I own a CD of this version, published by hemming in Spain. It has polish language, and contains every Jazz Jackrabbit 2 original episode, plus "The Secret Files" (obvious), the shareware episode, "Holiday Hare '98" and the home cooked levels. My CD has no indication of being "The Christmas Chronicles", but the contents seems to match.

- LK Avalon 2 (Setup.exe size is 53529024 bytes). It has polish language, but I haven't run it to see the other content.

- Original ? (Setup.exe size is 49537223 bytes). It has not polish language, but it only contains "The Secret Files" and home cooked levels. The original episodes are not contained on this release.

(I've listed only the installers I've found, mostly in ISO dumpings. Also, many abandonware sites have compressed files that contains the game without installer.)

Was there any "original" (=non LK Avalon) edition that contains original JJ2 episodes? Or maybe they are included only in "The Christmas Chronicles"? Are there any list of all editions of this game with their own features?

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!

Reply 1 of 2, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've found a CD of "The Christmas Chronicles" (Xmas'99). This one only contains a episode called "The Christmas Chronicles" (NOT Holiday Hare '98), playable with all three characters.

So it seems that the edition I labeled as "LK Avalon 1" is NOT the same as "The Christmas Chronicles", but I don't know if the levels are different between it and Holiday Hare '98.

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!