VOGONS

Common searches

dcsliquidations on ebay are true dickbags

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 100 of 109, by r.cade

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well, he has to take it back due to how eBay works now unless he listed it as a "for parts or not working" instead of "used" but he shouldn't be responsible for return shipping costs. It was "as described" so to file claim as "not as described" *is* fraud, but it is a matter of opinion. You should have asked if it was mechanical.

It sounds like you may have won shipping costs when maybe you shouldn't have... Such is eBay. Don't worry, Karma sucks. 😀

I think we already knew not to buy from dcs, but maybe now we will be more careful selling also...

Reply 101 of 109, by ShenTao

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Alright, I feel I've made my case here. I did take what was said a bit too personally.

As for anyone here who has concerns about selling to me, all I can say is that when buying in a private sale on dozens of forums I have never had a single complaint, usually because the seller is very knowledgeable and covered his bases and because when there has been an issue, such as damage in shipping, I can work it out with the seller. On eBay, its a more detached experience and the seller has more risk placed on him.

Reply 102 of 109, by ynari

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I love clicky keyboards too, but to be fair, I couldn't describe the listing as actively misleading.

However, when buying from ebay I simply skip over any seller with poor information or blurry pictures. They're either incompetent or trying to hide something, either way best to buy from someone else. This very week I've skipped sellers where all the pictures are blurry, and the item is possibly what I want and at the right price. Not work the risk..

Reply 103 of 109, by squiggly

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Not having to deal with a warehouse inventory is a valid reason, but he should have explained it politely up front instead of saying "pass".

I have worked with warehouse monkeys before, and there is a good chance asking one to photograph a CPU would have seen it destroyed.

Reply 104 of 109, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED

Been talking to ghe seller. His business is not far from where I live. Seem like a rather nice guy, just bitter from being put between a rock and hard place from scamming buyers. I been there before. Its one of the reasons I only sell cheap junk on eBay now.

Reply 105 of 109, by ShenTao

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

According to the thread I encountered he was abused by his dad. But I'll quote your post here Jade:

Now this guy is a true scumbag. He sold me a q9650 ES that was advertised as being unlocked, a early batch of these cpu's were u […]
Show full quote

Now this guy is a true scumbag.
He sold me a q9650 ES that was advertised as being unlocked, a early batch of these cpu's were unlocked. maybe a 100 or so. after that they were all locked.

I opened a SNAD case and he went crazy, I simply stated it was not a unlocked CPU and attached proof to the case. Now I'm having fun with him simply because I have nothing better to do. 😈 Yeah if he was civil about the case I would have left him alone, but treat me like this and you may as well put a kick me sign on your back.

Oh and I was not joking about the part about me knowing an engineer at Intel.

EDIT:
Wow this nut just went ever crazier. Threating my life. He is saying he will come to my apartment and kill the guy above me if I don't close the case. 😲

OK, cool, what apartment? I don't live in or near any apartments. I'll have to make a few phone calls and get this guy tossed in the nut house.

EDIT:2
I have not sent him one massage after the one last on in the attached image.

EDIT:3
Now this is getting messed up, eBay just sent me an message about the guy. They told me if he keeps it up to call the cops. Seems I'm not the first person he went ballistic on 😒
Now the question is, do I keep it up risking the life of the guy that lives above me who doesn't exist? or push him over the edge and get his tossed of ebay for good?

Also I will not be posting any of the messages he has sent me since. way to offensive. But he's sending me stuff every few minutes.

Does not sound like someone who I'd want to know.

Reply 106 of 109, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED

I been talking to the guy that sold the keyboard some more. Hes is not a bad guy, even offered to help me out with my computer salvage business ventures I recently started.

I both have a hard time believing whats stated in the link posted, and what was stated about the seller.
Funny how here on vogons shen stated his problem was with believing it was a real m13 keyboard with mechanical switchs. Where on ebay you it started with believeing you were getting a new keyboard according to the seller.

Reply 107 of 109, by ShenTao

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

That isn't true. I have in no way attempted to defraud the seller or damage his reputation. Here's the beginning of the conversation for proof (I can show more of it but I WILL black out personal information and the threat he made against my life as it contained my home address!)

Sounds like to me that he's manipulating you. he destroyed well over 10 SGI Octanes to scrap their graphics cards - you just don't do that with expensive and rare hard to find graphics cards for very expensive vintage UNIX stuff.

Attachments

• return convo.png
    Filename
    return convo.png
    File size
    229.83 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 109 of 109, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Look, not only is selling prohibited on VOGONS for liability reasons but to also try and stop just this very sort of smearing people's reputations and other sorts of high school hijinks, justified or no.

Thread locked, and when one of us gets around to it, probably trashed. I think it's served its purpose here.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto