VOGONS

Common searches

dcsliquidations on ebay are true dickbags

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 40 of 109, by Gered

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
luckybob wrote:
Gered wrote:

Assuming that he hasn't been "provoking" him with similarly worded messages. I agree that the seller is being a douchebag, but should've really just left it alone after the very first post in this topic honestly. 😐

Like how Kithlynn did? (allegedly)

I don't know who Kithlynn is.

486DX2-66/16MB/S3 Trio32 VLB/SBPro2/GUS
P233 MMX/64MB/Voodoo2/Matrox/YMF719/GUS CD3
Duron 800/256MB/Savage4 Pro/SBLive (IN PROGRESS)
Toshiba 430CDT

Reply 41 of 109, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It seems the posts got deleted from the 480+ page ebay thread. Long story short, he made an insulting offer, backpedaled, and the ebay seller came to this site and dropped the bomb on him.

With the other shady things i've read about him on other forums, I'm not exactly going to miss the guy.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 43 of 109, by Dreamer_of_the_past

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
luckybob wrote:

It seems the posts got deleted from the 480+ page ebay thread. Long story short, he made an insulting offer, backpedaled, and the ebay seller came to this site and dropped the bomb on him.

With the other shady things i've read about him on other forums, I'm not exactly going to miss the guy.

Yes, that was very disappointing and a big surprise too. Some people wear masks. He probably already created a new account on Vogons or perhaps already had a second one.

Reply 48 of 109, by dexvx

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sellers with shitty photos just surprise me the most.

They could've saved a lot of time by making an in focus photo. And don't get me started on camera quality. I have a $30 Nokia Lumia 640 and it takes photos fine, even indoor in sub-optimal lighting.

Reply 49 of 109, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
dexvx wrote:

Sellers with shitty photos just surprise me the most.

They could've saved a lot of time by making an in focus photo. And don't get me started on camera quality. I have a $30 Nokia Lumia 640 and it takes photos fine, even indoor in sub-optimal lighting.

Hey, I've gotten some awesome deals on camera stuff especially because of postage stamp sized pictures.

However, if the seller will not even bother to answer valid questions about items they are selling then they shouldn't be on eBay or any other online marketplace.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 52 of 109, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Well, to be fair, as counterproductive as it is to us, I thought his response treaded the fine line between disrespect and humor. I actually got a good laugh at it, and had to agree with it, begrudgingly. Had it been me, I would have responded to him: "If you are also getting $16.00 a month to write these responses, you are certainly being overpaid. I wish you all the luck in the world celling your C3 CPUs without the information its buyers would need. I think I'll pass."

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 54 of 109, by Silanda

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Jade Falcon wrote:
boxpressed wrote:

I think he might be talking about the race of Vogons from Hitchhiker's.

That could be. But I never made any mention of vogons so someone else must of if thats the case.

Or he's a member, or at least visitor, here and read the thread. That was my initial thought when you said that he blocked you from making offers.

Reply 55 of 109, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Gered wrote:
luckybob wrote:
Gered wrote:

Assuming that he hasn't been "provoking" him with similarly worded messages. I agree that the seller is being a douchebag, but should've really just left it alone after the very first post in this topic honestly. 😐

Like how Kithlynn did? (allegedly)

I don't know who Kithlynn is.

What did Kithlynn do anyway?

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 57 of 109, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Arctic wrote:
Jade Falcon wrote:

Its all on this page
Topic 34088

So, did Kithlynn really went out there and harassed the seller? Or did he merely keep berating the MCA card despite luckybob's explanation?

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....

Reply 58 of 109, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:
Arctic wrote:
Jade Falcon wrote:

Its all on this page
Topic 34088

So, did Kithlynn really went out there and harassed the seller? Or did he merely keep berating the MCA card despite luckybob's explanation?

He really didn't harass the seller, but talked smack about the seller lied about lowballing him and the seller came and defended himself. After witch Kithlynn ran off and we really haven't seen him since.

Reply 59 of 109, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Jade Falcon wrote:

He really didn't harass the seller, but talked smack about the seller lied about lowballing him and the seller came and defended himself. After witch Kithlynn ran off and we really haven't seen him since.

I see. 🤣

Yes, I read it too; luckybob has explained about the scarcity and high price of MCA peripherals, but Kithlynn insisted. Such is the price of ego.