VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 22, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

PowerStrip does NOT work.

I have tried following these steps, and I tested it with Majesty, a 2D game with 800x600 resolution. All I got is a small 800x600 box in the middle of my wide screen monitor, instead of the image being scaled up while maintaining aspect ratio.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 21 of 22, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED

Well that's odd.
I wonder if this could be do to a monitor driver not working with the ATI drivers.

Also do you have the opton to set the aspect ratio in the ati driver? Say force 4:3 for everything?
Sorry its been a very long time since I had a ATI card and I don't recall of the settings in Catalyst.

Reply 22 of 22, by Azarien

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This will probably not help you, but I can report that on HD7850, Windows 10, and newest drivers (with new "RADEON SETTINGS" control panel that replaced the Catalyst Control Center) I can enable GPU scaling on VGA cable with no problems.

In my case I created a custom resolution of 1600x1000 for 1:1 scaling on my 1600:1200 monitor. The monitor got confused, but after enabling GPU scaling I have 16:10 letterboxed on 4:3 monitor. And this is on D-Sub.

However, on WinXP I have to use the older drivers (and Catalyst Control Center) so no luck there.