VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by tenyuhuang

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Today I got myself a used Legend (known as Lenovo of today) keyboard and brushed it up, just to find that it has some interesting stains:

rPKQ5Ds.jpg
Since it's widely known that every stained keyboard might tell a story of its former owner, we could make a speculation of what it was mainly used for back in the day.
However, every single (limited) educated guess of mine doesn't make perfect sense:

1) Although the Z, X and Ctrl indicate an identity of production machine, it's likely not to be that way since S seemed to be rarely used;
2) The only possible usage of Tab key apart from making spreadsheet (in my knowledge) would be gaming, but neither WASD or UDLR seemed to be heavily used;
3) The yellowed Windows key doesn't have too much useful combinations with the rest ones.

Any ideas what this keyboard could possibly be used back in its days?

PS: This is a keyboard from year 1998~2000.

Reply 1 of 3, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

All it says to me, without actual wear being visible in the photo, is, "a different batch of resin was used for the most yellow, and slightly yellow keys."

Like the 2 tone SNESes....

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-hfuEVxmtG5o/V8GPjf … /s1600/SNES.JPG

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 2 of 3, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'm inclined to side with BitWrangler on this one because most of the keys which are yellowed are yellowed way down to the bottom. If the yellowing was from large amounts of use this would be far less likely. :P

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 3 of 3, by tenyuhuang

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you sir, for an interesting piece of history!
That does make much, much more sense; even much more than "keyboard broken, repaired with a different one".