VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by GiSWiG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

For reals: https://www.gog.com/news/welcome_back_descent_series
$10

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this but spread the word!

Steamer/GOG-er: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula | AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 3.7GHz all cores | Mushkin 8GB DDR3 RAM 1333 w/ 6-6-6-18 1T | Dual AMD Radeon HD 6850s in CrossFireX | X-Fi Titanium | Dual-boot Windows XP and Vista

Reply 1 of 4, by GiSWiG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This is the link to the Black Friday Sale Bundle otherwise it costs you more if you grab the bundle the the game page 'buy series' link.

https://www.gog.com/promo/20171121_black_frid … le_descent_pack

Steamer/GOG-er: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula | AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 3.7GHz all cores | Mushkin 8GB DDR3 RAM 1333 w/ 6-6-6-18 1T | Dual AMD Radeon HD 6850s in CrossFireX | X-Fi Titanium | Dual-boot Windows XP and Vista

Reply 3 of 4, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That's so weird, I just noticed that Descent 3 magically appeared in my wishlist without me putting it in. I wonder if it was in my wishlist years ago before they took it out, so it reappeared when they added it back to their catalog.

BTW, thank you for posting this. 😀

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 4 of 4, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
MMaximus wrote:

I bought the bundle on GOG a few years ago... I guess they removed it from their catalog and just put it back?

GOG originally had to take down the Descent games because the Parallax Software guys weren't being paid royalties on the sales by Interplay, despite numerous attempts to remind them that failing to do so was in breach of their contracts. The fact that these games are back up means it must've finally been sorted out, which is awesome! :D

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg