User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
SquallStrife wrote:
HI all! […]
Show full quote

HI all!

You've probably noticed that my activity on this forum has atrophied a bit.

I've been fighting depression for years now, but the last year has been especially challenging. Clinically diagnosed depression and generalised anxiety disorder, on top of my Asperger syndrome. I've been through multiple psychologists, been taken to the ER more than a few times, and just now starting my 4th different anti-depressant. Maintaining the will to carry on existing has been so draining, I've not had the energy to do anything else. Some days I didn't even have the energy to feed myself, so I was going days without food, it was just too hard. This hasn't been the case for a few months now, but the risk of relapse is always there, and it scares me.

Know that I'm on a very slow road to recovery. I think. I hope. It doesn't feel like it sometimes, to be honest, but I'm assured by those close to me that I'm showing improvement.

VogonsDrivers.com is still alive, but I'm way behind on account requests and driver submissions in the thread. For this I am profusely apologetic. Please don't think I've stopped caring, I care a lot about the site and this community, but the black dog is a real bitch.

I don't know what I hope to achieve by posting this here, I guess I just wanted to let you all know I'm still around and kicking, in case anybody was wondering.

Thanks for letting us know 😀

I'm all too familiar with the issues you're going through atm, it really takes some changes to get things back on track for the long term.
I've been battling depression for most of my life actually and finally made it gtfo without needing to take meds anymore, but it took me an unreal amount of effort to see and actually understand what the main issues were here. It included rethinking what I actually needed and also what I actually do not need, which include the people I socialize with.

In the end meds and psychological help could help me only up to a certain point and after that I was kinda on my own, so I made a substantial effort into understanding what I and others with similar issues were actually dealing with here and I got dug into the matter so deep that to a certain extent I'm now actually capable of helping others with these issues 😀
Afaic, feel free to send me a PM whenever you feel like it, Sir SquallStrife 😁

I still sink back from time to time, with perhaps an extreme peak here and there where things seem to basically turn to shit. But now I have a much better understanding of the deeper mechanisms that are at work and I can cope accordingly now.

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!