Popcorn song

Topic actions

First post, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Good evening everyone,

Yesterday I was listening to an early recording of the famous Popcorn song.
The music video which I saw was a short snippet of an episode of a british show named Top of the Pops.

This made me realize that there was more than the popular version I used to know.
I also noticed that especially the old version had a charming, analogue sound.

When I read through the comments on those videos,
I found out that someone created a Popcorn fan site of some sort. 😀

That site is available at http://www.popcorn-song.com/

I hope you find it as interesing as I do.

Best regards,
Jo22

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 1 of 9, by Beegle

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

whoah, I never knew there were so many versions of this. I still own the original 45 of it.

The more sound cards, the better.
AdLib documentary : Official Thread
Youtube Channel : The Sound Card Database

Reply 3 of 9, by Cyberdyne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Jean Michel Jarre version is the best for everyday listening, I still listen it in my 4x100 plus 1x500 RMS car, and shock the pedestrians 😎

I am aroused about any X86 motherboard that has full functional ISA slot. I think i have problem. Not really into that original (Turbo) XT,286,386 and CGA/EGA stuff. So just a DOS nut.
PS. If I upload RAR, it is a 16-bit DOS RAR Version 2.50.

Reply 4 of 9, by reenigne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It's also notably the main soundtrack for the game Digger by Windmill Software. This was probably the first piece of software to do something with the PC speaker more than just square wave beeps. And it was able to do so without glitching while the game (with PC speaker sound effects) was going on in the foreground. And the game was actually good and fun to play too! A seriously impressive feat on such primitive hardware, even today.

Reply 7 of 9, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
reenigne wrote:

It's also notably the main soundtrack for the game Digger by Windmill Software. This was probably the first piece of software to do something with the PC speaker more than just square wave beeps. And it was able to do so without glitching while the game (with PC speaker sound effects) was going on in the foreground. And the game was actually good and fun to play too! A seriously impressive feat on such primitive hardware, even today.

Ah, yes. Digger. Among the first PC games I played. The song, however, is quite annoying! 🤣

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.