VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Splinter

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Whilst I had a lot of fun with my Pentium IIs with V2 cards over the years and also used them frequently, parts began to fail and I didn't want to get to the point where they became useless piles of junk.
I did have a full tower Pentium II/Voodoo II SLI, a similar Voodoo 2 single card rig and a Voodoo 4 rig and sold them locally to three happy new owners for prices that were laughed at on Facebook.
I always consider myself to be simply a custodian of such things and to see someone else get pleasure out of a nice tidy system is rewarding in itself. I hasten to add that the machines were all in full working order when I sold them, but I no longer wanted the heartache of something going wrong.
When I'm building new gaming machines here in Buenos aires, I'm sure I'll come across an old card and scratch my head, wondering if i should buy it.

Last edited by Splinter on 2018-05-03, 18:06. Edited 1 time in total.

http://www.compufixshop.com
Main rig Ryzen 2600X Strix RX580 32GB RAM
Secondary rig FX8350 GTX960 16GB RAM

Reply 1 of 5, by Qjimbo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Fair enough. To be honest you may have been better holding on to them as apparently Voodoo cards are apparently the new bitcoin, but always good to respect when you don't truly need something and sell it to someone who will appreciate it more.

Follow me on twitter

Reply 3 of 5, by Splinter

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

An AT mobo and a Diamond Monster Voodoo 2 which no longer functioned in 3D.
Having said that, I kept my old AT case and PSU (+/-1994) just in case.
Down here in BA, Voodoo 2 cards a going for around US$75 to US$200.

http://www.compufixshop.com
Main rig Ryzen 2600X Strix RX580 32GB RAM
Secondary rig FX8350 GTX960 16GB RAM

Reply 4 of 5, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If your happy with the price and they were happy with the price then it was a good deal.

I get it though, sometimes I really want to just play a game on a specific PC just for something not to work.
but then other times I'm in the fixing mood and everything is working perfectly.

If you want that old card and you can afford it, get it. Your better then a lot of here as you have the discipline to sell it off once you've got your enjoyment out of it
After all you only live once.

Reply 5 of 5, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

At some point or another lot of people get to where they are ready to move on but for the rest even if the hardware dies at least it did what it was meant too and we got to enjoy it while it lasted. The older you get the more you will realize that very little stands the test of time.

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.