VOGONS

Common searches

NEW FALLOUT GAME!!!

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by snorg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Oh hells yes:

https://fallout.bethesda.net/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MIqgUZKuIA

190.jpg
Filename
190.jpg
File size
29.38 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 41, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

But will it be good?

I have got a bad feeling about this.

I didn't like F4 that much. It was a soul-less game from a RPG perspective.

And this one seems to get in the common trend wagon of battle royale games and such.

Hell. Settlements building was one of the worst parts for me in F4. It was pretty boring.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 2 of 41, by snorg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

True, I did not realize at first this was supposed to be like Day Z or Rust until I started
looking deeper. That may keep me away if there’s no single player.
I also must admit that I was very disappointed as well by the lack of RP elements in
Fallout 4. I guess I may wait and see on this one before spending my hard earned money.

Reply 6 of 41, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I was able to accept Fallout 3+ for what they were (not fallout) but I have no interest in online games unless they go open source or allow offline usage so yeah not going to happen here. I'm sure Bethesda will make enough money without me. Have fun "fallout" fans.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 7 of 41, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
vvbee wrote:

Ever since gothic wiped the floor with morrowind I've not been able to get into bethesda's games. Something off about them every time.

Fallout NV wandered into Gothic territory I felt and is the best FO3+ FO as a result, IMHO of course.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 9 of 41, by 386_junkie

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I hope it surprises, and is different from FO4. Hopefully they got gamer feedback and don't make another bummer for the pile.

For me FO3 was the best... I haven't yet recaptured that magic with any of the new FO's... willing to try again with this one though.

Compaq Systempro; EISA Dual 386 ¦ Compaq Junkiepro; EISA Dual 386 ¦ ALR Powerpro; EISA Dual 386

EISA Graphic Cards ¦ EISA Graphic Card Benchmarks

Reply 11 of 41, by Shagittarius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This is going to be a survival style game, not a traditional Fallout. I don't know anymore than anyone else but my thoughts are this is "Fallout as a service". I'm expecting a lot of tie ins to purchase as they leak tiny bits of content over time. In otherwords I think this is an excuse to emulate pre-release games except instead of free updates, charge for them.

Hope I'm wrong but I have 0 interest in this game right now.

Reply 12 of 41, by sf78

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

OK, so like Frost then?

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18898/

I kinda like the concept of roaming freely around vast open areas with tons of different places to visit. I don't much care about the main quest as it's more enjoyable to find side quests and interesting items in the wild.

Reply 13 of 41, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I felt like Fallout 4 was sort of Oblivion iteration 5. 😀 They need to make some deep changes in everything in their games.

On the other hand I read that Fallout 4 was incredibly successful for them. Can't argue too much with that.

Reply 18 of 41, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Shagittarius wrote:

Online Survival Game. No thanks, didn't bite for elder scrolls, not interested for fallout either.

I'm cautiously reserved. I will at least TRY it. God forbid Bethesda try something different. AMIRITE?

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 19 of 41, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Going to sit on the sidelines and wait till more comes out as to how it all goes before getting too excited, these sort of games are meant to be played solo and not with groups of random people or worse idiots you know. I am still very annoyed if not pissed with all the Skryim spam and there being no TES6.

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.