VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by BeginnerGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sorry to have to post this,

I just won my first auction on that website in a long while, unfortunately I habitually checked out without looking at the billing and shipping address -- Which happens to be my old home I moved out of in December 😢 .. I don't see a phone number or any way to open a ticket or anything. It surely won't be shipped til next week, and it would be nice if I could somehow reach them to change that before it turns into a case of mailbox pong.

Anybody know how or can point me to a place to contact them or anything? I see nothing of use.

edit: I found a way to contact the seller and opened a ticket.. Hopefully something happens or else whoever lives in my old house will be getting some DOS games to play this summer 😒

Sup. I like computers. Are you a computer?

Reply 1 of 7, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Only time I ever ordered from Shopgoodwill was an auctrion I won for some old camera lenses.

They packaged them so horribly that the glass ended up having scratches and nicks because they put the lenses end to end without any protection in between them.

I got a full refund.

Usually their shipping is so high that it isn't even worth trying to order anything from them unless you get an absolutely fantastic deal.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 2 of 7, by BeginnerGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ouch, that sucks 🙁. Yes it is rare that I buy from them. This was a lot for Robin Hood: Conquests of The Longbow and Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe.. Robin Hood was a game I enjoyed quite a bit back in the early 90s and I've been hunting a copy for a long time. Came out to $32 after s&h so not exactly a steal.. Especially if it goes to the wrong address or gets smashed in transit :\

Reply 3 of 7, by tegrady

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have used them a few times. The only issue I have with them as that they usually take a long time to ship. It can be anywhere from 1-3 weeks before they even send out the item. On the other hand, I have gotten some amazing deals from them and everything has always been packaged very well.

Also, make sure you check the shipping charges before bidding. Sometimes the shipping cost is ridiculously high.

Reply 4 of 7, by boxpressed

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have had about a couple of dozen or so transactions with shopgoodwill. Every one of them has been packed very well, with good boxes and lots of padding. Shipping can be expensive, so you should always use the "get an estimate" button.

There aren't really any bargains to be had with old video games before the PS2/Xbox era (the prices are usually higher than eBay), but old PC equipment and software can still be had quite cheap. There's a fair amount of new, open-box motherboards, peripherals, etc., some even from the 90s-00s.

For instance, I got a CIB GF4 Ti4800 for $14 plus shipping.

Reply 5 of 7, by CrossBow777

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have the opposite experience with them. I actually have gotten some excellent deals on Shopgoodwill. I picked up my second MT-200 from there for about $50 shipped, and I picked up my MT-32 from there most recently for about $60 + shipping. In both of those auctions I received shipping notification within a few days and the items arrived just a few days after that. Shipping for each was about $12 - $14 I believe. And honestly that isn't too far off from what shipping costs me for most things anyway.

As for how they were shipped....excellent! Seriously the MT-32 looked like it was prepped for a HALO drop and the MT-200 was the same way. My wife just received a small makeup compact mirror and it was in a box 4x the size of the mirror and took me at least 5 min to undo all the bubble wrap and tape around it. So I have no issues with their shipping methods or at least our experience has always been good.

g883j7-2.png
Midi Modules: MT-32 (OLD), MT-200, MT-300, MT-90S, MT-90U, SD-20

Reply 7 of 7, by BeginnerGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks for the replies guys.

I've only used them once before to get a Creative CD-ROM. It didn't work but I figured it was a gamble, I don't remember the shipping time.

They did respond to my ticket and say they'll ship it to my new address, so that's a relief. But it still hasn't shipped 😒 .. I'm not in a huge rush, just hoping the games get here un-smashed.