VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

See that little line of text on the bottom right, under the 3DO logo? If any of you can read it or are familiar enough with the character set to reproduce them here, so that I can copy and paste them into a paint program, I'd be much appreciative. 😉

total-eclipse-panasonic-3do.jpeg
Filename
total-eclipse-panasonic-3do.jpeg
File size
905.51 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
teclipse2.jpg
Filename
teclipse2.jpg
File size
251.58 KiB
Views
File license

Am making some replacement jewel case inserts. I've just spent a bunch of time looking over tables of hiragana(?) but especially those first two letters are eluding me.

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 1 of 4, by spiroyster

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Those first two letters are kanji (chinese character set) the rest is katakana not hiragana 😀 been 10 years since studies japanese and onmy phone, annoying tap!, but translate using katakan 😠 a and say it phonetically in english 😀

Reply 2 of 4, by 133MHz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

First kanji is way too low res to be readable, the rest (roughly) says 'software for use with 3DO'. Typed out with '??' in place of the illegible character:

3DO ?? 用ソフト

http://133FSB.wordpress.com

Reply 3 of 4, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Thanks! I found a scan of a different game with the text a lot clearer and ended up just copy & pasting it from there. Here's my version:

total_eclipse_wip.jpg
Filename
total_eclipse_wip.jpg
File size
394.39 KiB
Views
File license

I know the title positioning is different, it's from the long box. 😀 I'm not trying to reproduce any specific cover exactly, I just wanted something that would look nicer than an empty jewel case on my shelf (I'm running these off on a low-DPI laser printer anyway.) Thought having the Japanese logo on there makes it more interesting.

(Early 3DO games were generally released in a long box in North America & Europe, but in a jewel case in Japan.)

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!