Common searches

First post, by ultra_code

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Update: (11/5/2018) Keeping the motherboard box. 😀

Hello VOGONS members!

I have a stupid... proposition. You see, my older brother recently gave me boxes for older PC hardware that are in really good condition and still have a lot, if not everything they came with (except, of course, the actual hardware they were meant for 😀 ): an AMD Phenom II Black Edition processor box, a Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 box, and a MSI 870A-G54 motherboard box (pics below).

m1YxsuXl.jpg
T5OwvUTl.jpg
mc84b4rl.jpg

I have been holding onto these boxes for a few months, given their supposed "value". I obviously have no desire to keep them anymore, but I don't want to just throw them away - I don't like seeing perfectly good PC hardware or otherwise associated things to go to waste when they still can be used somehow. I've thought about trying to sell them on ebay, but I feel that would just be too much of a pain.

So, I thought maybe someone in the large community of retro/modern PC enthusiasts/hobbyists would like to get their hands on these boxes and their included goodies.

Hence, my proposition: I am willing to send anyone who asks first to mail any of these boxes to them, free of charge! Just PM me your address, and I'll ship it to you shortly afterwards. 😀

Now, I'm not sure if this breaks any VOGONS rules or not (as there doesn't seem to be a convenient big-book of rules, so to speak, anywhere on this site that I can find), so if anyone points it out to me that this is wrong, I will gladly do as they wish and take back my proposition. Not trying to start any trouble here - just wanna contribute to the community. 😀

Last edited by ultra_code on 2018-11-05, 18:12. Edited 1 time in total.

Builds
ttgwnt-6.png
kcxlg9-6.png

Reply 4 of 4, by ultra_code

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
kixs wrote:

I use motherboard boxes to store old motherboards. Usually it's a perfect fit and they stack nicely.

That's not a bad idea (kind of a no-brainer, I would think 😀 ).

Builds
ttgwnt-6.png
kcxlg9-6.png