VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by rmk

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi ya all!

I have maybe strange question about these two games I originally emailed Clint (LGR) and he friendly pointed this forum out.

So. I have these two games I cannot figure what they might be. Also my memories about them are very vague. But if some of you catch anything I'm looking for I would be delightful.

First game is about some spaceship / robot game. I remember you were on somekind spaceship (maybe) controlling robot(s). You could use some sort "plug-in" to other robots or terminals etc. and gain some skills or maybe swap robots / parts. I'm not quite sure about this, this is about as much I can remember this game. It was most probably 2d or atleast camera was in top of actions. Somehow I remember the plug-in to things was important... Platform was probably older than PC, I think maybe c64 or Amiga? Year I played this game was around 1995?

Second game I have ever harder to remember. I think the intro or start of the game involved some kind of futuristic car, maybe flying. It was most probably somekind of cyberpunk game, showing very dark future or something like this. I also have some kind of memory maybe drug use in game? And the car could have been police car? Very dark world altough. This is newer game, maybe DOS or even win95? Syndicate and Syndicate Wars like, but somehow I don't get the feeling when I watched those videos. Maybe some police / bad guys game... I don't even have estimate year when I played this, but around 2000? It was far more detailed in graphics than the first game I mentioned.

Does this ring any bells to you any?

All help is appericiated.

Thanks!

-rmk

Reply 1 of 8, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Regarding the second game, the intro really sounds like Syndicate, so maybe take another look at that. Other than that, this sort of futuristic world is kind of a staple in Sci-Fi since Blade Runner, so...
Perhaps Blader Runner on PC or Nightlong : Union City Conspiracy?

Reply 2 of 8, by rmk

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
F2bnp wrote:

Regarding the second game, the intro really sounds like Syndicate, so maybe take another look at that. Other than that, this sort of futuristic world is kind of a staple in Sci-Fi since Blade Runner, so...
Perhaps Blader Runner on PC or Nightlong : Union City Conspiracy?

Thank for your input!

But, sadly, no. 🙁

I've watched Blade Runner yesterday and now that you mentioned Nightlong, I've checked it too. Sadly not my game.

This is driving me nuts. 😁 Hope I can find these two games and then I can rest in peace. 😀

Reply 4 of 8, by akula65

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Some PC titles you might consider for the second game:

Angel Devoid: Face of the Enemy by Mindscape/Electric Dreams
G-Police by Psygnosis/Psygnosis
Crime Cities by Strategy First/Techland

Reply 6 of 8, by shamino

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

First game is about some spaceship / robot game. I remember you were on somekind spaceship (maybe) controlling robot(s). You could use some sort "plug-in" to other robots or terminals etc. and gain some skills or maybe swap robots / parts. I'm not quite sure about this, this is about as much I can remember this game. It was most probably 2d or atleast camera was in top of actions. Somehow I remember the plug-in to things was important... Platform was probably older than PC, I think maybe c64 or Amiga? Year I played this game was around 1995?

Could this be Robot Odyssey?

Reply 7 of 8, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

For the first game, if it were an 8 bits game I think it could be Paradroid (I'm sure it was published on C64), Quazatron or Magnetron (I played them in a ZX Spectrum). I don't know if any one of those was published on Amiga or PC, but if you search "paradroid clone" in google maybe you'll find your game.

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!

Reply 8 of 8, by Kerr Avon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The first one does sound like Paradroid.

Zup wrote:

For the first game, if it were an 8 bits game I think it could be Paradroid (I'm sure it was published on C64), Quazatron or Magnetron (I played them in a ZX Spectrum). I don't know if any one of those was published on Amiga or PC, but if you search "paradroid clone" in google maybe you'll find your game.

Paradroid was on the C64 (and Amiga), Quazatron and Magnetron (Quazatron 's semi-sequel) were on the ZX Spectrum.