VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by buckeye

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Probably in the minority here but I'm excited that Madden 19 has a PC version! Football PC games is what got me playing on the computer in the first place and finally after 10 years of just on consoles Madden returns. Now I need to take a break from the retro stuff and save up to buy some parts for a modern rig to play it. Just for the heck of it here's a list of the PC football games I've played:

Konami NFL 92-93
Dynamix Football Pro
Sierra Front Page Sports Football Pro 95-98 (still playing 98 on my win98 rig)
Madden 2000-2008 (still playing 2008 on my XP rig)
NCAA College Football 99
NFL Fever 2000
NFL Gameday 99
NFL Blitz 2000

That's about it, anyone out there play any that's not listed?

Asus P5N-E Intel Core 2 Duo 3.33ghz. 4GB DDR2 Geforce 470 1GB SB X-Fi Titanium 650W XP SP3
Intel SE440BX P3 450 256MB 80GB SSD Radeon 7200 64mb SB 32pnp 350W 98SE
MSI x570 Gaming Pro Carbon Ryzen 3700x 32GB DDR4 Zotac RTX 3070 8GB WD Black 1TB 850W

Reply 1 of 3, by JidaiGeki

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That is exciting news about Madden, an 11 year break. I've got all versions from John Madden Football through to 2008. So thanks for the heads up, will get my paws on 2019!

I loved Konami NFL, my friend and I used to play it regularly after high school on his parents' 386. As for the other games I think you've covered most of them; but there are some much older games too, like Monday Night Football, Super Bowl Sunday, IBM All American College Football, etc. Got a few of those in my collection. Probably a bit strange for an Australian to collect NFL games 😉

Reply 2 of 3, by buckeye

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
JidaiGeki wrote:

That is exciting news about Madden, an 11 year break. I've got all versions from John Madden Football through to 2008. So thanks for the heads up, will get my paws on 2019!

I loved Konami NFL, my friend and I used to play it regularly after high school on his parents' 386. As for the other games I think you've covered most of them; but there are some much older games too, like Monday Night Football, Super Bowl Sunday, IBM All American College Football, etc. Got a few of those in my collection. Probably a bit strange for an Australian to collect NFL games 😉

Strange? Nope, there was this one guy from Korea (I think!) who came up with the VPNFL mod for Front Page Sports Football 98 - I STILL mess with that to this day.

Yeah forgot to mention both IBM FB games (NFL and college). The college version I got recently but can't get it to work right, some of the names for the teams get corrupted during the install. Probably got a bad disk.

Asus P5N-E Intel Core 2 Duo 3.33ghz. 4GB DDR2 Geforce 470 1GB SB X-Fi Titanium 650W XP SP3
Intel SE440BX P3 450 256MB 80GB SSD Radeon 7200 64mb SB 32pnp 350W 98SE
MSI x570 Gaming Pro Carbon Ryzen 3700x 32GB DDR4 Zotac RTX 3070 8GB WD Black 1TB 850W

Reply 3 of 3, by tannerstevo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Not related, but this thread reminded me of back in my youth, going to the arcade and playing the old tabletop football games with the trackball. Someone would always knock over their drink. 🤣