Luckybob goes on a tirade...

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 47, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
VileRancour wrote:

Well evidently they *are* xenophobic; why else would they go and torch immigrants' cars in the stree-- oh wait nvm.

🤣

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 21 of 47, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

People are tribal and xenophobic by nature. Anyone that says otherwise is a moron. Humans lived for centuries by determining friend from foe at a first glance. Green frogs, food. NEON green frogs, poison. The white people in this country (and lots of others tbh) are shown countless images of colored people doing bad things, so it's only natural to develop a natural aversion to different people.

I take pride in the fact I only discriminate against one color. GREEN.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 22 of 47, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
luckybob wrote:

I take pride in the fact I only discriminate against one color. GREEN.

It's not easy being green... 😁 (Love that article.)

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 24 of 47, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
luckybob wrote:

People are tribal and xenophobic by nature.

Yes they are so no shocks there, but what does always blow my mind is the casual suggestion (usually from one particular part of the world) that owning a gun to protect yourself from other human beings is a viable solution.

Blows. My. Mind!

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 26 of 47, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Errius wrote:

How long does it take the police to arrive at your door?

This discussion isn't going to go well, I'm having posters regret!

Reply 27 of 47, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

for emergency, I have no personal experience, but neighbors tell me under 5 minutes. non-emergency, it depends, but they were at my door in about 25-30 minutes.

@badmojo
I can't argue against that point, but our whole country was built from scratch by people making manifest destiny a reality. So to say our formative years as a country was one full of violent conflict is a massive understatement. In a nutshell, this video does a good basic coverage of the concept: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=japRb6U_FuQ

It is a REAL thing here. Almost nobody knows the actual words for it, but the feeling is absolutely pervasive through the culture.

Reply 28 of 47, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
luckybob wrote:

It is a REAL thing here. Almost nobody knows the actual words for it, but the feeling is absolutely pervasive through the culture.

Well put, I think that's the thing that we peeps looking from the outside in can't understand.

Reply 29 of 47, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

well, someone else likely would have heard the gunshot after I taunted them into shooting me. So at least my body won't be cold when they get to me.

Reply 30 of 47, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Arrr I can't control myself! Mods - I'm sorry in advance.

If you're jumping directly to "I need to be able to protect myself without having to rely on cops" then you've skipped well past the point. For the greater good of society, you need to accept that a small percentage of humanity are jerks and might do things that endanger you, but setting yourself up to shoot them if they do is not the answer. And the reason for that isn't because they're people too and blah blah blah - fuck them! The reason is that by making guns an acceptable option and by making them easily available, you're allowing killing machines that any nuff nuff can operate into your lives, and your kids lives, and your neigbours lives. And then what happens? Innocent people get killed - no 2 ways about it. Guns are designed to do damage, and that's all they do.

And yes yes "guns don't kill people, people do" but again, this is for the greater good - you have to let that impracticale logic go. "No sex before marriage" and "Don't leave this loaded gun lying around" are good rules to follow, but hello! People just aren't following them.

Reply 31 of 47, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yea... That kind of thinking just doesn't happen here in the states. People claim they want gun control, but every ballot, anything even remotely akin to control gets voted down like a tax increase for schools. (also an issue, tbh)

Granted some small towns and/or bastions of hippies do get some things passed, but they amount to token gestures.

I know I get dismissed as being tin-foil hat crazy sometimes, but when you take a step back and look at the big picture, all I see are small systems of control to keep the masses distracted while the top 1% rule over us. We are supposed to be a constitutional republic, but honestly America is nothing more than democratic facade over a plutocracy core.

Reply 32 of 47, by sf78

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This is also one of the strange things about US citizens and their relationship with the police. I understand that the nature of emergency calls are much different than they usually are here in Europe, but I can't understand why people distrust police so much? In most studies around here, police is really high up on the list of trustworthy professions (with doctors, teacher etc. ) and you guys are talking about a proper procedure to roll down the car window so you won't get your head blown off by the officer. Is it the lack of training required to become a police officer, shooting of colored people, trigger happy officers or what? If understand correctly, they are not there to "protect and to serve" as much as they used to.

Reply 33 of 47, by buckeye

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
luckybob wrote:

Yea... That kind of thinking just doesn't happen here in the states. People claim they want gun control, but every ballot, anything even remotely akin to control gets voted down like a tax increase for schools. (also an issue, tbh)

Granted some small towns and/or bastions of hippies do get some things passed, but they amount to token gestures.

I know I get dismissed as being tin-foil hat crazy sometimes, but when you take a step back and look at the big picture, all I see are small systems of control to keep the masses distracted while the top 1% rule over us. We are supposed to be a constitutional republic, but honestly America is nothing more than democratic facade over a plutocracy core.

I agree, it's facade all right. We call what we have a democracy but yet the same faces are in office year after year after year......

Try to get term limits and I guess yer lookin to get "droned".

Asus P5N-E Intel Core 2 Duo 3.33ghz. 4GB DDR2 Geforce 470 1GB SB X-Fi Titanium 650W XP SP3
Intel SE440BX P3 450 256MB 80GB SSD Radeon 7200 64mb SB 32pnp 350W 98SE
MSI x570 Gaming Pro Carbon Ryzen 3700x 32GB DDR4 Zotac RTX 3070 8GB WD Black 1TB 850W

Reply 34 of 47, by snorg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
sf78 wrote:

This is also one of the strange things about US citizens and their relationship with the police. I understand that the nature of emergency calls are much different than they usually are here in Europe, but I can't understand why people distrust police so much? In most studies around here, police is really high up on the list of trustworthy professions (with doctors, teacher etc. ) and you guys are talking about a proper procedure to roll down the car window so you won't get your head blown off by the officer. Is it the lack of training required to become a police officer, shooting of colored people, trigger happy officers or what? If understand correctly, they are not there to "protect and to serve" as much as they used to.

Police in the US do not have a duty to protect you:

https://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/politics/j … to-protect.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_v._District_of_Columbia

Given that anything you say in front of a cop can and will potentially be used against you, I have both a healthy respect for and wariness of cops.

Reply 37 of 47, by Errius

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I heard somewhere that in a lot of police departments routine steroid use/abuse by officers is the norm. I can see why giving roided-out juiceheads guns and badges and turning them loose on the public is going to lead to trouble.

Is this too much voodoo?

Reply 38 of 47, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
mr tibs wrote:

... Most are more of the NWO Zionists types.

🤣 Yeah man, those dudes are right up there with the pro-Monarchy Trotskyites and the Hindu Beefsteak Club.

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 39 of 47, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If you are white and/or wealthy, the cops are there for you. If you're poor and/or colored, you are guilty until proven innocent.

Cops have a TREMENDOUS burden of stress in the rough parts of town. I have zero qualms about a shoot first, ask questions later policy. I have a cousin who is a career cop. And a common motto is, "I'd rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6."

For the record, I dont believe the major news networks. This meme image sums it up fairly well. https://goo.gl/images/15Qxn8