Rank
l33t++
Katmai500 wrote:
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/10/Jon-Stewart-mind-blown.gif […]
Show full quote

Jon-Stewart-mind-blown.gif

Wow.......this is epic!

This right here.

Not really into P-Pro stuff although I do have one motherboard and a few CPUs that I haven't actually built a system with yet. Too many other projects on the table.

I really did want to play with a P-Pro system years after they were not being sold anymore and that is why I picked up the parts I did... for cheap as well.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 24 of 169, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Beegle wrote:

Threads like this make my week.

Same here, man. Same here.

Discord: https://discord.gg/U5dJw7x
Systems from the Compaq Portable 1 to Ryzen 9 5950X
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/retropcuser

Reply 27 of 169, by SpectriaForce

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've watched the video, thanks, but I'm waiting for pictures of the really good stuff that's usable for a retro game pc. I might be interested in buying some stuff 😉

Reply 28 of 169, by Merovign

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm definitely interested in seeing or hearing about all of it, even if it's not stuff I need/want or plan to do something with. I love oddball hardware (still have to find someone to contact in Sweden about my latest Mystery Card).

Like kittens and puppies, if I had the resources, I'd be overrun with every odd piece of computer hardware I could find. 😀

*Too* *many* *things*!

Reply 29 of 169, by Turboman

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Sweet haul, congratz guys!

I've always had a soft spot for Pentium Pro and Slot 2 stuff because I never seen much of it when I was a kid. I remember finding a dual socket 8 computer with NT on it at an estate sale in the late 90s, I had no idea what it was until a friend of mine that fixed computers for a living told me. I had gotten rid of it at some point and don't remember why. I have dual slot 2 board that I have been wanting to put together but I can't find the CPU brackets to save my life, I've never had the chance to use one until I get this one together. I have an Intel 440FX dual socket 8 board that I used with 2000 for a little while. Pentium Pro is defiantly something I want to expand in.

Reply 30 of 169, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I am closing Discord invites temporarily as the response has been great, but I cannot process all the inventory with too many people in the Discord channel. This does not mean everything is gone or I wont open it up again, but I am one dude doing a crazy amount of work trying to get this in the right hands. So if you got an invite, congrats, but if you did not and want one, be patient. This has been surreal. Keep an eye on the hardware giveaway thread as I will still be posting there with freebies from the lot. Remember kids, you're not a pro unless you use a Pentium Pro!

Reply 31 of 169, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This is really cool stuff, and huge props to both of you for saving the lot and disseminating it to the community. 😀 I'm not in the market for more hardware myself, but following this thread with interest.

@Luckybob - would LOVE to see video of one of those 6x6es in action, hopefully crunching through some modern-ish fully multithreaded benchmark with a CPU meter open showing all six cores under load. Would blow my mind. 😀 If you figure out something that works I'll run it on my dual P3 for comparison purposes.

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 32 of 169, by dirkmirk

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I don't suppose you had an Abit PS-6 in that haul or any motherboard that had fsb overclocking?

As far as I'm aware their were only 2 motherboards capable of higher than 66mhz fan.

The PS-6 & Intel PR-440FX

Reply 34 of 169, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I forgot to post here:

https://youtu.be/8HHlAby_2co

Part 2 of the haul. I do use the occasional bot of course language, you've been warned.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 35 of 169, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

So I have this one unused case badge (so far) for the Pentium Pro from the mega haul. Would everyone like me to do a high resolution scan of it so others can make their own? What DPI? I was thinking 1200. Should I leave it unused when I scan it or sacrifice it to put it on a white background? I've done plenty of scans for Moby Games, but this will be my first case badge. Thanks guys.

IMG_2003.jpg
Filename
IMG_2003.jpg
File size
126.05 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 36 of 169, by meljor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Don't sacrifice it! That would be a real shame...

asus tx97-e, 233mmx, voodoo1, s3 virge ,sb16
asus p5a, k6-3+ @ 550mhz, voodoo2 12mb sli, gf2 gts, awe32
asus p3b-f, p3-700, voodoo3 3500TV agp, awe64
asus tusl2-c, p3-S 1,4ghz, voodoo5 5500, live!
asus a7n8x DL, barton cpu, 6800ultra, Voodoo3 pci, audigy1

Reply 37 of 169, by MMaximus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Maybe you can detach it from the brown "back paper" and then stick it on a white "back paper" from another sticker? For example from a children sticker book. You could scan the sticker badge on a white background and still be able to re-use it later.

Hard Disk Sounds

Reply 38 of 169, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yeah, I was planning on giving it away in the Discord channel via a contest, but before I did, scan it in so everyone could make their own down the road. I think what I will do is just scan it in at a very high DPI, as is, and then someone with good graphics skills can make their own from the scan.

Reply 39 of 169, by KCompRoom2000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
liqmat wrote:

Yeah, I was planning on giving it away in the Discord channel via a contest, but before I did, scan it in so everyone could make their own down the road. I think what I will do is just scan it in at a very high DPI, as is, and then someone with good graphics skills can make their own from the scan.

Once you've scanned it and made it readily available, how about I make a silver Pentium Pro case badge (similar style to Pentium MMX-4) just for fun? 😉