VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 21 of 28, by DeathAdderSF

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Xanxi wrote on 2023-05-28, 12:57:

Thanks for this.
I’m about to finally use the Trackstar board I received 10 years ago from the USA.

Sure, you're welcome. Have fun with your Trackstar!

Cruise by Diskman Presents: filled with geektastic classic gaming goodness!

Reply 22 of 28, by DeathAdderSF

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

LGR upped a neato vid about the Trackstar cards. Check it out if you're interested in seeing everything these babies can do!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-6AKe2pvsQ

Reply 23 of 28, by DeathAdderSF

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just a heads up y'all, I've listed the bulk of my Trackstar collection on ePay...

Check out Brandon's eBay stuffs!​​​

​I'm a "research collector" and "collect to use" kind of guy; everything I listed has outlived its purpose for me, thus it's all better off in someone else's hands. So if you're interested in owning & trying out one of these cool gizmos, here's a fab opportunity - as they don't often pop up for sale, and when they do, the sellers are generally greedy bastards.

Reply 25 of 28, by zyzzle

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'd love to try out a Trackstar, but like dr.zeissler can't afford many hundreds to thousands of dollars for one. As those Ebay prices are bound to increase to that level, especially from someone who's "outgrown" using products for "research purposes". Way to time the market for the tens-of-thousands of extra Ebay cash for that seller.

I do have a Copy II Plus Option Board which I've used over the years and got for a reasonable price many years back.

Reply 26 of 28, by Xanxi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi DeathAdderSF.

I have a question about the Trackstar and sound.
I believe the board could produce beeps just like to native speaker of the Apple II, and pass them to the host PC.
What about music? Is there an emulation of Apple II audio card such as Mockingboard or whatever?
If not, games have to be played without music?

Reply 27 of 28, by DeathAdderSF

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Correct, Apple II sound is relayed to the PC Speaker.

The Trackstar line doesn't contain the Mockingboard hardware. But it's of little matter IMO, as 99% of contemporary Apple II games didn't support Mockingboard anyway. It was not a successful sound card by any means, and has only found true developer acceptance in modern times. The vast majority of Apple II games play music over the "clicker" (internal speaker); some even support ingame music (i.e. Dig Dug, Force 7, Microwave, Moon Patrol...).

Reply 28 of 28, by DeathAdderSF

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Merry 2024! Today marks the addition of the Quadlink Software Revision 3.0 documentation addendum, found in the manuals of later versions of the product. Thanks to Steve Hutton for the scan!

https://www.diskman.com/presents/trackstar/scans.htm