Bad movies and horrible films

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 34, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
tpowell.ca wrote:

Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever (2002) staring Antonio Banderas and Lucy Liu.
With a Rotten Tomatoes score of 0% I think we have an unbeatable winner.

Critics Consensus: A startlingly inept film, Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever offers overblown, wall-to-wall action without a hint of wit, coherence, style, or originality.

That is now on my list to watch!

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 21 of 34, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Battlefield Earth
Critics Consensus: Ugly, campy, and poorly acted, Battlefield Earth is a stunningly misguided, aggressively bad sci-fi folly.

Made by the same studio that gave us Ballistic. Plus, it comes with a bonus serving of fraud.

Following the financial failure of Battlefield Earth and other films independently produced by Franchise Pictures, The Wall Street Journal reported that the United States' Federal Bureau of Investigation was probing "the question of whether some independent motion picture companies have vastly inflated the budget of films in an effort to scam investors".

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 22 of 34, by Shponglefan

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

How has The Room not been mentioned yet in this thread? It's one of the greatest bad movies of all time. 😁

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0368226/

Pentium 4 Multi-OS Build
486 DX4-100 with 6 sound cards
486 DX-33 with 5 sound cards

Reply 23 of 34, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
buckeye wrote:

Black Panther - look, I'm old school and loved the comics character in the 70's. This rendition to me was all about "eye candy". Having said that, I liked the part he played in Captain America Civil War.

Another thought: Killing off Klaw in Black Panther was an utter waste, he was an interesting character.

Black Panther was a real stinker - we rented it on Google play for a few bucks and felt totally ripped off 😵

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 24 of 34, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
gdjacobs wrote:
Battlefield Earth Critics Consensus: Ugly, campy, and poorly acted, Battlefield Earth is a stunningly misguided, aggressively ba […]
Show full quote

Battlefield Earth
Critics Consensus: Ugly, campy, and poorly acted, Battlefield Earth is a stunningly misguided, aggressively bad sci-fi folly.

Made by the same studio that gave us Ballistic. Plus, it comes with a bonus serving of fraud.

Following the financial failure of Battlefield Earth and other films independently produced by Franchise Pictures, The Wall Street Journal reported that the United States' Federal Bureau of Investigation was probing "the question of whether some independent motion picture companies have vastly inflated the budget of films in an effort to scam investors".

I actually like this movie.

Anybody know the names of any of those old post-apocalyptic movies that they always had those crazy looking vehicles in them (armor, spikes, guns put together in a really irrational way)? Usually a desert-ish setting with different people fighting for control of whatever.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 25 of 34, by Shponglefan

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
cyclone3d wrote:

Anybody know the names of any of those old post-apocalyptic movies that they always had those crazy looking vehicles in them (armor, spikes, guns put together in a really irrational way)? Usually a desert-ish setting with different people fighting for control of whatever.

Sounds like The Road Warrior (second movie in the original Mad Max trilogy).

Pentium 4 Multi-OS Build

Reply 26 of 34, by treeman

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
cyclone3d wrote:
gdjacobs wrote:
Battlefield Earth Critics Consensus: Ugly, campy, and poorly acted, Battlefield Earth is a stunningly misguided, aggressively ba […]
Show full quote

Battlefield Earth

I actually like this movie.

cherry 2000

Reply 27 of 34, by Shponglefan

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
treeman wrote:

cherry 2000

It that any good? Always enjoyed a good post-apocalyptic movie, but don't think I ever saw that one...

Pentium 4 Multi-OS Build

Reply 28 of 34, by treeman

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

well I enjoyed it, first time I saw it was late night tv so usually the very very bad movies don't make it late night tv but also you can't expect too much. I enjoy C grade 80s movies especially post apocalyptic so I suspect my 5/10 is a 2-3/10 of a average punter

Reply 29 of 34, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
cyclone3d wrote:

It may not belong on this list, but it may make you consider it briefly.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damnation_Alley_(film)

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 30 of 34, by treeman

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
gdjacobs wrote:
cyclone3d wrote:

It may not belong on this list, but it may make you consider it briefly.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damnation_Alley_(film)

thanx for that one, haven't seen it before definitely will check it out

Reply 33 of 34, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Firefly ?

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//