VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Cobra42898

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Like many of you, I occasionally browse Craigslist from time to time. Some sellers tend to repost every 2-3 days or so.

There's one I've been watching, where it states " Want to sell the whole lot but would consider selling piece by piece starting at $10.00/. "

Since it hadn't sold in all that time, I thought I'd see if I could get details, a more thorough run down, maybe make a deal on a few things. So I send a reply just for chuckles. In return he says he'll sell the whole lot, (of unknown amount of items) at $1000, or one old 80s PC with all typical peripherals at $700. (Ad redacted so as not to start a war with anyone).

I swear people think this stuff is made of gold! I know of places where I could fill a pickup truck full of stuff for that kind of money. Frankly, outside of a small group of outliers (like this place), most people would find an old PC somewhere and throw it in the dumpster. Who would pay that? I've bought running cars for that much. Sure explains why it doesn't sell and gets relisted over and over. Ugh. Piece by piece at $10 my #&@. Lol. At least list it properly so I don't waste my time on it.

This is epidemic anymore. TV shows like storage wars and flip this house have convinced everyone that every last item is a gold mine, and it ruins the hobby for anyone who honestly wants to just keep things alive and going, as they were intended to be. /Rant off.

Searching for Epson Actiontower 3000 486 PC.

Reply 2 of 2, by jxalex

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Ask if there is also other currencies than money -- swap, information, skills-swap and work ? Some people are sensible when it means that you can repair something to them becouse official repairs for something are by rule very expensive. Just leaving out the money from transactions will lead to win-win situation for both sides.

In situations where people hear that they can get this or that thing if they also must give their EFFORT then suddenly they see that the money is almost worthless or neither give money or effort, but they are eager to justify a whole week why I must trade with money and not with skills.
The 2 possibilities -- those who just begin to work every day,OR those who just vanish and lose interest -- if they cant get with two cents, they admit at the end of the day that no they cant help, they are silly, but also greedy -- they cant "afford" to pay, but if they can get cheap then they hoard it (for flipping or not).

Current project: DOS ISA soundcard with 24bit/96Khz digital I/O, SB16 compatible switchable.
newly made SB-clone ...with 24bit and AES/EBU... join in development!