VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Spending time with most of the family, watching football, going Black Friday shopping, and watching A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving.

Discord: https://discord.gg/U5dJw7x
Systems from the Compaq Portable 1 to Ryzen 9 5950X
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/retropcuser

Reply 1 of 4, by ultimate386

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

What we originally planned to be a quiet dinner with just me and my wife has turned into a dinner with me, my wife, her brother, mother, and niece. We'll see if anyone else shows up!
Also hoping I get a chance to inspect/power up my 386 and 486 systems that have been closeted for over a year now.

AMD386/IIT387DX40, 32MB, ATi Mach64, AWE64
Compaq Prolinea 4/33, 32MB, Tseng ET4000, SB16
AMD X5, 64MB, S3 Virge/Voodoo1, AWE64
AMD K62+550, 256MB, Voodoo3, AWE64 Gold
P3 1.2Ghz, 512MB, Radeon 7500/Voodoo2 SLI, SB Live!

Reply 2 of 4, by henryVK

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

My wife is American, but we live in Europe, so we're not exactly celebrating Thanksgiving at least this year. We'll go to dinner at a friend's house on Saturday and have some friends over for breakfast the next day, so it's sort of an ad-hoc Friendsgiving situation.

They did Thanksgiving at my wife's work last year, though, which was when she discovered a nearby butcher's actually delivers stuffed and roasted free range turkeys. They're around a 100€, which sounds somewhat reasonable given the fact that they usually do quality stuff. So, maybe next year!

Reply 3 of 4, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Just my wife and son. Our family is out of state. We may go to the movies later today or tomorrow. Typically, I handle the turkey and wash the dishes while my wife does all the side dishes. Since we only eat turkey once a year, it makes for an interesting time figuring out how I want to prepare it (never the same way twice!), and then the joys of turkey leftovers (casseroles, enchiladas, sandwiches, etc). Inevitably, some of it gets frozen for a month or two down the line.

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks