VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by borgie83

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

So I'm browsing Amazon Prime and I come across a 2 part tv series called the Color of Magic. Lo and behold, it's a movie length adaption of Terry Pratchett's Discworld! Got super excited (I love Discworld) and started watching it last night. Can't believe I never knew about this and yet it was released in 2008 ugh!

Reply 4 of 7, by gca

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It's been on TV in the UK a few times along with The Hog Father. They also did animated films as well for Soul Music and Wyrd Sisters. They are also planning on doing Wee Free Men as well but the project was put back a long way when Pratchetts family saw the script was so awful and so far removed from the original book they demanded a rewrite which, if memory serves, will be done Pratchetts daughter.

Reply 5 of 7, by borgie83

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Amazing! Didn't realise that there were also other movies and some animated films. I'll be sure to check them out. Shame it never took off in Australia which is strange as our television is filled with UK shows on a daily basis.

@Errius, here you go 😀

Attachments

• The_Luggage-Joel_Gustafsson.jpg
    Filename
    The_Luggage-Joel_Gustafsson.jpg
    File size
    77.22 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Color of Magic - Luggage
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 7 of 7, by gca

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

If your interested there was a BBC documentary called "Back in Black" about Pratchett released last year. You can find it quite easily on Youtube (can't vouch for the legality of it being on there but its there none the less).