VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Take a look for yourself. I know I'm grabbing it.

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/vegas-p … tent=hero_image

Reply 1 of 13, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hot damn, is that actual Vegas Pro on pay-what-you-want? Not some limited cut-down version or trial thing? If so, will definitely get.

EDIT (heh): nevermind, it's Vegas Pro 15 EDIT, which is a slightly older, cut-down version, and you have to buy the maximum tier ($25) to get it. Slightly confusingly-named package, but still a hell of a deal.

Thanks for the heads up!

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 2 of 13, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
xjas wrote:

Hot damn, is that actual Vegas Pro on pay-what-you-want? Not some limited cut-down version or trial thing? If so, will definitely get.

EDIT (heh): nevermind, it's Vegas Pro 15 EDIT, which is a slightly older, cut-down version, and you have to buy the maximum tier ($25) to get it. Slightly confusingly-named package, but still a hell of a deal.

Thanks for the heads up!

For my editing needs EDIT is just fine and @ $25, oh yeah, just fine!

Reply 3 of 13, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yeah I had a look at the feature compare on the website, and EDIT really isn't missing much, especially compared to the Pro (non-Suite) version. I'm a bit short on cash but might sell something to grab this anyway. 😜

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 4 of 13, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
xjas wrote:

Yeah I had a look at the feature compare on the website, and EDIT really isn't missing much, especially compared to the Pro (non-Suite) version. I'm a bit short on cash but might sell something to grab this anyway. 😜

You could always sell a sealed copy of Prince of Persia. Mwahahahaha...

drevil.gif
Filename
drevil.gif
File size
985.62 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 5 of 13, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Smokin' deal even if it is the previous version.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 7 of 13, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
liqmat wrote:

You could always sell a sealed copy of Prince of Persia. Mwahahahaha...

drevil.gif

Ahaha. Said game may or may not be one of the reasons I'm getting into video editing in the first place...

EDIT: for those who have used it, how does Vegas compare in usage to other NLEs? Is it a good one to learn on, even if eventually I want to migrate to something else?

For example, in the audio world, if you learn Ableton Live and then try to migrate to ProTools, you're gonna be in for some re-education, whereas something like Reaper or Cubase to ProTools is a lot less difficult. Where does Vegas fall on that line?

EDIT 2: Funnily enough, it seems Vegas was derived from a multitrack audio editor, and the interface even looks a bit like (Ableton) Live. I'm fine with learning Live for Video(tm), as long as it doesn't completely lock me into a walled garden of non-translatable muscle memory and inapplicable concepts...

Reply 8 of 13, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Mister Xiado wrote:

Forced subscription enrollment with purchase? I'll just stick with the old methods.

What are you talking about? They try to get you to subscribe to Humble Bundle Monthly, but it is by no means a requirement.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 10 of 13, by Mister Xiado

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Unless I checked the box for "I understand that I will be....", the purchase option was locked for me in two browsers.

b_ldnt2.gif - Where it's always 1995.
Icons, wallpapers, and typical Oldternet nonsense.

Reply 11 of 13, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I bought it and didn't get subscribed to anything. Not sure where your order went wrong.

Reply 13 of 13, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Mister Xiado wrote:

Unless I checked the box for "I understand that I will be....", the purchase option was locked for me in two browsers.

I see where you are getting confused (don't take that the wrong way please). Just hit the $25 button and DON'T hit the add to cart button which is for that subscription deal. Just go down to the bottom of the page and hit your payment type and you're all done.