VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by DayleSrWerewolf

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello to all on my first post. i've been fascinated by everything IBM clone and DOS personal computer since the last 5 years before the turn of the previous century; i was about 15 years old then but there were yet a lot of things for me to have learned still despite basics for self-assembly knowledge of early Pentium and just having fun with any game i could have during those times beside the complexity.

It was good learning for the time before the material came of old, even though i had still been upgrading continually to keep up. with much of the left-over electronics pulled from at least less then a few older tower cases no longer in possession stored away i assumed it was kind of cool to build something new from them over time and it worked out interestingly well before then end of 2011. then i came up with the brilliant idea of establishing a name for my high-tech self-development as well as a professionalized level of production for more of the same novelties. i've come across occasional challenges too along the way as expected and have been able to handle them well. from recent months i'm beginning to look back on what was pretty much worth what is made i reckon.

So far to this day, i've produced single units of than 6 vintage machine models complete with independent Multimedia speakers, keyboard and mouse, which are from medium performance-grade 386DX to ATX-powered Intel Celeron and am continuing to delve deeper toward the unexplored and more ancient hardware each day. based on the product line of 1990s Apple Macintosh, i admit that i like to do a lot of prototyping of hardware frames with software and peripherals of relative era; things never happen as good without good ideas, however. i've grown so fond of this kind of thing over the years that i even advertise my W.I.P. for the concept from time to time. i may start some additional channels around the web sometime about my work because i'm sure it may be found interesting if i can find a little more time than i usually have when i dabble with it. i've generated much material alongside, including incomplete manual segments to basic model specifications for each of these PCs and the enrichment of nostalgia they were built for. the cases i've designated for the models i've planned to assemble do have some interesting design styling intricates i'm sure you'd be thinking.

As casual as it comes, i do look forward in sharing as much news on the systems i built from time to time as one may imagine as well as for improvements to "perfect" what was had in mind for the working models thus far; i like to look upon restoration mostly but don't mind modding as long as it's a small job regarding the exterior cosmetics for instance. and on contrary in this regard, i've recently added another 486 to one of the early series of my ever-expanding line of machines to equal the number of Pentium machines i would still use frequently from a few years back. i'm sure that there will be a lot of interesting to stuff about my PC builds to come...

i also like the idea of showcasing my working models in high-performance games as it's a good way to demonstrate their capability as pictures, not that i've often done that. i've considered showing them in videos with commentary to make it more of a documented topic. (lol) all the best. until i can use more recognition for all this, i'd just like to keep talking about it in the mean time. thanks.

forum-sig-banner.png