VOGONS

Common searches

I need help with my software project

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Muz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The project is in Java, compiled it in NetBeans, with DB Browser for SQLite. It is a Bank Management System. I tried submit it to my lecturer, but she said the project do not have enough functions. What kind of functions should I add more to the project? The software could deposit, withdraw, accounts, etc.

Note: In order to install NetBeans, you need JDK installed in your computer.

If you like to run the application of the project, you can browse to my file attached here, and go through the dist folder, and open the JAR file.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/din0tajuu6n630f … System.zip/file

Last edited by Muz on 2019-01-13, 05:09. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 4 of 22, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
BeginnerGuy wrote:

The AI wants us to open a .JAR file? What could possibly go wrong

I looked at the source and screenshots.

Looks to me like Muz is from India... screenshot for the account setup shows a line for "Caste"

Security is spelled "Sequrity".

I'll let you all fill in the blanks of what they would want for banking systems in India... think scammers.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 6 of 22, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Muz wrote:

The source code is from India, but I am not from India. I am not sure about the requirements of the project. Maybe the requirement for the software is I think from the consumer point of view as a user of the software.

Sooo.. you are trying to submit code that is not yours for a class you are taking and it wasn't accepted?

Shocking!

Can I get the name and contact info for your teacher? I'm sure that she would love to know this information.

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 10 of 22, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Muz wrote:

She is just a lecture in my college. Why would you like to contact the teacher?

(Edit by Dominus: email address and facebook page lonk deleted

Because submitting work that is not your own is generally seen as CHEATING / plagiarism and is frowned upon. Pretty good way to get yourself failed in a class or kicked out of school.

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 13 of 22, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Muz wrote:

Yes, it is not my work, though, the software can be used for banking purposes. You did not send anything about plagiarism to her, right?

Did I.. or didn't I?

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 16 of 22, by BeginnerGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well at least this thread sort of proves muz is an actual human. Although he selectively avoids any questions about the extreme strangeness of his very regular thread postings.

I don't think anybody here is going to lend a hand into writing code for some strange banking utility that's supposedly for a college credit. If you posed a very specific question, you may get help, but nobody here could possibly explain why your professor would say it doesn't have enough functions.

More functions isn't a better program or a more usable program.

Sup. I like computers. Are you a computer?

Reply 19 of 22, by Mr. horse

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

You guys seem to really like picking on muz for just asking questions.
Maybe the techer okd starting with preexisting code? Thats not uncommon. I was asked to do similar things in school.

I haven't looked at the code yet, but have you added transfers? Like being able to transfer funds from one account to another?

No sir I don't like it!