Common searches

Reply 300 of 739, by Unknown_K

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
gdjacobs wrote on 2020-04-23, 02:32:
Bruninho wrote on 2020-04-21, 04:27:

Just last night, I ate the last Dominos Pizza slice I had left since I ordered it two days ago.

Did you notice any difference two days later?

Yes, not a Dominoes fan, here.

I worked at a local non chain pizza shop for 5+ years when I went to university. Any pizza you can eat cold the day after and it tastes decent is good pizza.

Collector of old computers, hardware, and software

Reply 301 of 739, by Unknown_K

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well, I try to avoid Burger King and McDonalds unless I have no other option. Both offer a similar burger I like (Double Stacker vs Double Burger Bacon). I prefer the McDonalds variant because it's one I can finish. But I find the Burger King version more tasty. Ah, well... now I'm hungry.

Wendy's is better then Burger King which is better then McDonalds as far as burgers go.

Reply 302 of 739, by Bruninho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Unknown_K wrote on 2020-04-25, 17:15:
gdjacobs wrote on 2020-04-23, 02:32:

Just last night, I ate the last Dominos Pizza slice I had left since I ordered it two days ago.

Did you notice any difference two days later?

Yes, not a Dominoes fan, here.

I worked at a local non chain pizza shop for 5+ years when I went to university. Any pizza you can eat cold the day after and it tastes decent is good pizza.

Except I ate mine after three days 🤣

"Design isn't just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
JOBS, Steve.
READ: Right to Repair sucks and is illegal!

Reply 303 of 739, by Bruninho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Unknown_K wrote on 2020-04-25, 17:16:

Well, I try to avoid Burger King and McDonalds unless I have no other option. Both offer a similar burger I like (Double Stacker vs Double Burger Bacon). I prefer the McDonalds variant because it's one I can finish. But I find the Burger King version more tasty. Ah, well... now I'm hungry.

Wendy's is better then Burger King which is better then McDonalds as far as burgers go.

I can’t speak for Wendys, because they do not exist here in Brazil (at least Rio de Janeiro afaik).

JOBS, Steve.

Reply 305 of 739, by ragefury32

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Unknown_K wrote on 2020-04-25, 17:16:

Oh god, anything is better than McDonalds (at least in the US). It's like they specifically went out of their way to serve a dry flavorless facsimile of something that is almost, but not quite, like a burger - what you imagine a vegan will use to argue against eating burgers. They are sloppily made, overcooked, and utterly overpriced for what you get (low quality and cheap labor intersect with corporate indifference). Burger king at least grill theirs, and Wendy's/Carl's Jr/Sonic's is even better that that. The next tier up are the regional chains like White Castle (well, they are mushy small but cheap, and it's perfect stoner food), Five Guys (it's like they went out of their way to make their burgers as fattening as possible, although telling someone you can't wait to get Five Guys in your mouth is just begging for trouble), Shake Shack, or In-and-Out are all equally famous (although Las Vegas would be the one place where you can get all of them...plus more). The best ones are still either from your local mom-and-pop diner, or the ones you make yourself in your own Weber fireball.

Reply 306 of 739, by Unknown_K

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have tried the McDonalds Quarter Pounder made from fresh meat and it was an improvement but Wendy's is still king to me.

Reply 307 of 739, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Any fast food is good food. It depends on my mood on which one I would like to go to for sandwiches and sides. Along with coupons. Haven't had Wendy's in ages and I love the spicy chicken sandwich. For Taco Bell, when there's a new item, I'd order it in a second.

Discord: https://discord.gg/U5dJw7x
Systems from the Compaq Portable 1 to Ryzen 9 5950X
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/retropcuser

Reply 308 of 739, by henryVK

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
ragefury32 wrote on 2020-04-25, 05:51:

Oh yeah. I am familiar with a cut that's close to the tri-tip that's very popular in Brazilian/Portuguese areas in the NYC tristate region...it's called Picanha.

Great stuff when sous-vided for 2 hours at 133F/56C in a bag with sea salt+pepper+clarified butter, and then seared with a torch or hot coals for a minute just to pick up the char. Another thing to do is marinate skirt steak with a tangy marinate, sous vide them for 90 minutes, sear and cut on the bias into strips. Great stuff for steak tacos.
*snip*

Oof, that looks and sounds awesome! I love tacos but here in Germany it's hard to get proper tortillas or tacos. I'm feel doubly cursed because my in-laws are from Colorado, so I get to eat more authentic Mexican food when we visit them and then have to go back to the land of potatoes (which are a great food but still...).

I'll definitely try a tangier marinade next time I do steak.

What I really need is a couple of crates of canned fire-roasted hatch chiles.

Reply 309 of 739, by Bruninho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Oh yeah. I am familiar with a cut that's close to the tri-tip that's very popular in Brazilian/Portuguese areas in the NYC tristate region...it's called Picanha.

Great stuff when sous-vided for 2 hours at 133F/56C in a bag with sea salt+pepper+clarified butter, and then seared with a torch or hot coals for a minute just to pick up the char. Another thing to do is marinate skirt steak with a tangy marinate, sous vide them for 90 minutes, sear and cut on the bias into strips. Great stuff for steak tacos.

Now we’re talking! A good barbecue can’t go ahead without a good Picanha.

JOBS, Steve.

Reply 310 of 739, by Standard Def Steve

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

A big ass Hawaiian pizza. I don't care that pizza snobs call it a kids topping, ham and pineapple together absolutely rock my world.

94 MHz NEC VR4300 | SGI Reality CoPro | 8MB RDRAM | Each game gets its own SSD - nooice!

Reply 311 of 739, by ragefury32

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Bruninho wrote on 2020-04-27, 12:36:

Now we’re talking! A good barbecue can’t go ahead without a good Picanha.

Ah yes, and with some linguiça, farofa and preferably a bit of fejioada in the side, washed down with a bottle of guarana Antarctica (one of my ex-workers is a big Brazilian dude who clued me into the cuisine).
Love a good churrischuria, especially if they have a great salad bar.

So to continue on with the lusophone theme, I made some Portuguese caldo verde with chouriço for lunch.
It’s a simple soup with potatoes and kale. Probably the best way for a non-vegetarian to eat kale.

81741691-36F3-4066-AFCD-F33399A485AC.jpeg
Filename
File size
65.52 KiB
Views
File comment
Caldo verde
File license
Public domain

Reply 312 of 739, by Intel486dx33

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This girl I went to school with was Portuguese and she taught my sister who was a good cook how to make Portuguese bread.
It was very good. I remember when they where baking it it would make the entire kitchen smell of the sweet aroma of baked bread.
I think they put lemon zest in it too.
But it had the taste of a sweet bread. It was very good.
I have not had that type of bread since I was a teenager.

Reply 313 of 739, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Standard Def Steve wrote on 2020-04-27, 15:28:

A big ass Hawaiian pizza. I don't care that pizza snobs call it a kids topping, ham and pineapple together absolutely rock my world.

I'm with you brother - I've had to endure years of that snobbery but I've noticed that when a range of pizzas are out out at work do's / parties / etc that the Hawaiin goes first. A hipster pizza place has opened locally that uses 'rum soaked pineapple' and even my wife has to admit that it's the best topping in the whole wide world.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 314 of 739, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
badmojo wrote on 2020-04-27, 21:22:
Standard Def Steve wrote on 2020-04-27, 15:28:

I'm with you brother - I've had to endure years of that snobbery but I've noticed that when a range of pizzas are out out at work do's / parties / etc that the Hawaiin goes first. A hipster pizza place has opened locally that uses 'rum soaked pineapple' and even my wife has to admit that it's the best topping in the whole wide world.

I just don't like pineapple. More power to those that like it. For a tomato sauce pizza I go for onions, peppers, maybe meat (not necessarily, though). That or just a traditional margherita.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 315 of 739, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
ragefury32 wrote on 2020-04-27, 16:43:

So to continue on with the lusophone theme, I made some Portuguese caldo verde with chouriço for lunch.
It’s a simple soup with potatoes and kale. Probably the best way for a non-vegetarian to eat kale.

That soup looks so good....

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 316 of 739, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Just had a simple and small midnight snack....
5 fried egg's, on top of a slice of sour dough rye bread. The type made with some wheat, rye flour and whole moist rye grains.

MidnatSnack.jpg
Filename
MidnatSnack.jpg
File size
97.13 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

EDIT:
If anyone want to see what the bread type is, then it is this below. Healthy bread, compared to white bread.

Rugbroed-01.jpg
Filename
Rugbroed-01.jpg
File size
206.71 KiB
Views
File license
Rugbroed-02.jpg
Filename
Rugbroed-02.jpg
File size
169.56 KiB
Views
File license
Last edited by brostenen on 2020-04-27, 22:24. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 319 of 739, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
imi wrote on 2020-04-27, 22:19:

definitely needs more eggs.

I had schnitzel today :3

I can't eat more than five at midnight. Especially not with the type of bread. One slice, fill's you up, like 5 slices of white toast does.
(And makes you feel full 3 times longer)

EDIT:
Veal or pork?

Last edited by brostenen on 2020-04-27, 22:32. Edited 1 time in total.