VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 680 of 739, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Chicken Parmigiana here tonight, AKA Chicken in Pajamas. My wife's been reading about the potential for carcinogens in processed meats so this might be our last hurrah for a while.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 681 of 739, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Homemade pizza egg rolls.

Fill em with pan fried & diced sweet Italian chicken sausage, parmesan & mozzarella cheese, basil, oregano and a small amount of pizza sauce to bind it all together. Toss together to make the filling. Roll em up with a bit of egg wash at one end to seal the egg roll wraps. Toss em into a pan with extra virgin olive oil and a pair of tongs to rotate them until golden brown.

fryemup.jpg
Filename
fryemup.jpg
File size
527.68 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Serve with a side of sauce for dipping.

pizzarolls.jpg
Filename
pizzarolls.jpg
File size
549.8 KiB
Views
File license

For dessert some homemade chocolate-nut circles. Melt semi sweet chocolate & add sugar to taste. Once melted, I stir in some salted peanuts. I then add peanuts on top and put them in the fridge (inside small silicone baking cups) until hardened.

chococup.jpg
Filename
chococup.jpg
File size
434.42 KiB
Views
File license
Last edited by liqmat on 2022-07-30, 18:46. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 683 of 739, by chrismeyer6

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
liqmat wrote on 2022-07-30, 18:17:
Homemade pizza egg rolls. […]
Show full quote

Fill em with pan fried & diced sweet Italian chicken sausage, parmesan & mozzarella cheese, basil, oregano and a small amount of pizza sauce to bind it all together. Toss together to make the filling. Roll em up with a bit of egg wash at one end to seal the egg roll wraps. Toss em into a pan with extra virgin olive oil and a pair of tongs to rotate them until golden brown.

fryemup.jpg

pizzarolls.jpg

For dessert some homemade chocolate-nut circles. Melt semi sweet chocolate & add sugar to taste. Once melted, I stir in some salted peanuts. I then add peanuts on top and put them in the fridge (inside small silicone baking cups) until hardened.

chococup.jpg

Those look and sound awesome

Reply 684 of 739, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
chrismeyer6 wrote on 2022-07-30, 20:29:
liqmat wrote on 2022-07-30, 18:17:
Homemade pizza egg rolls. […]
Show full quote

fryemup.jpg

pizzarolls.jpg

chococup.jpg

Those look and sound awesome

Dude, they are on another level. They are like mini calzones, but packed with concentrated flavor. Want to try pepperoni next of course.

Reply 686 of 739, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

A bit of simple cooking at my place. Bacon and mushrooms roasted together, added cream and reduced to a thick sauce. Added nutmeg, black pepper and a tiny bit of garlic. Served with spaghetti.

Bacon-Spaghetti.jpg
Filename
Bacon-Spaghetti.jpg
File size
162.2 KiB
Views
File license

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 687 of 739, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
brostenen wrote on 2022-08-19, 20:32:

A bit of simple cooking at my place. Bacon and mushrooms roasted together, added cream and reduced to a thick sauce. Added nutmeg, black pepper and a tiny bit of garlic. Served with spaghetti.

Bacon-Spaghetti.jpg

It has bacon. Automatically approved.

Reply 688 of 739, by chrismeyer6

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That pasta dish looks awesome. Tonight I grilled burgers and dogs one of our favorite summer time meals. And grilling is a great way to keep the heat of cooking out if the house on hot days.

Reply 689 of 739, by Babasha

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Summer is grill season. Meat assorted or smoked bacon.

Attachments

Need help? Begin with photo and model of your hardware 😉

Reply 691 of 739, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

BBQ/Grill is top notch.... Love it. 😜

Reply 692 of 739, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Did something new today. Inspired by different sources, and it tastes ok....

What do one get, when rolling up bacon. Bake it with whispered egg's, mixed with fried onion/palermo-pepper and crushed BBQ-Chips. Served in a burger brioche bun and a thin layer of ketchup? Well, you get this below.

Bacon-Experiment.jpg
Filename
Bacon-Experiment.jpg
File size
159.21 KiB
Views
File license

I bet it can be a great breakfast burger, better than any burger-chain's breakfast offerings.

Reply 693 of 739, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Nostalgia got a hold of my better judgement and I ordered this limited run cereal pack for the 2022 Halloween season here in the U.S. Brings back memories of when I was a kid in the 1970s (yeah, I'm getting up there). I remember Count Chocula (my favorite of the bunch), Franken Berry and the underdog Boo Berry, but I don't recall Frute Brute. Anyway, there is no way I can finish all of this and I will just be trying a small bowl of each. Can't have this much sugar in my system anymore. For those too young to remember these or in a country that didn't have them some of the old commercials can be entertaining.

monsters_cereal.jpg
Filename
monsters_cereal.jpg
File size
628.84 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Reply 694 of 739, by Meatball

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
liqmat wrote on 2022-09-03, 15:34:

Nostalgia got a hold of my better judgement and I ordered this limited run cereal pack for the 2022 Halloween season here in the U.S. Brings back memories of when I was a kid in the 1970s (yeah, I'm getting up there). I remember Count Chocula (my favorite of the bunch), Franken Berry and the underdog Boo Berry, but I don't recall Frute Brute. Anyway, there is no way I can finish all of this and I will just be trying a small bowl of each. Can't have this much sugar in my system anymore. For those too young to remember these or in a country that didn't have them some of the old commercials can be entertaining.

monsters_cereal.jpg

I loved those cereals. Frankenberry was my favorite, but only because Booberry was never around my area. I was only able to get Booberry a handful of times.

With that said, these cereals, like Trix, are nowhere near the same taste as when I was little. They screwed with the recipe, the texture being the biggest crime. They also have some kind of "sheen" to them now, which they didn't have in the 80's.

Reply 695 of 739, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Meatball wrote on 2022-09-03, 15:40:

monsters_cereal.jpg

I loved those cereals. Frankenberry was my favorite, but only because Booberry was never around my area. I was only able to get Booberry a handful of times.

With that said, these cereals, like Trix, are nowhere near the same taste as when I was little. They screwed with the recipe, the texture being the biggest crime. They also have some kind of "sheen" to them now, which they didn't have in the 80's.

Yeah, Cocoa Puffs was my favorite as a kid, but of course I tried it within recent memory and it tasted nothing like I remember.

Reply 696 of 739, by Meatball

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
liqmat wrote on 2022-09-03, 15:53:
Meatball wrote on 2022-09-03, 15:40:

monsters_cereal.jpg

Yeah, Cocoa Puffs was my favorite as a kid, but of course I tried it within recent memory and it tasted nothing like I remember.

Cocoa Puffs was king, of course!

Reply 697 of 739, by chrismeyer6

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The cereals no grew up with in the very late 80s and early 90s we're so much better than the same ones I buy for my kids today.

For dinner tonight we made chicken fajitas and they were yummy.

Sadly being is Labor day weekend here in the states I get to mix up 100+ pounds of pancake mix at work and I really hope it'll last me both Sunday and Monday.

Reply 698 of 739, by Intel486dx33

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Thanks giving dinner ( Turkey, Ham, Stuffing, Mash potatoes and gravy ).

Attachments

Reply 699 of 739, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
chrismeyer6 wrote on 2022-09-03, 23:00:

The cereals no grew up with in the very late 80s and early 90s we're so much better than the same ones I buy for my kids today.

For dinner tonight we made chicken fajitas and they were yummy.

Sadly being is Labor day weekend here in the states I get to mix up 100+ pounds of pancake mix at work and I really hope it'll last me both Sunday and Monday.

When you fry the chicked. Then fry some onions first, and once they are caramelised, add the chicken. Add the spice mix and then a bit of sour cream.
That stuff is wonderfull in wraps. I will add a picture or two. But you need to try that. Perfect in wraps with a bit or romaine salad and red peppers.