What are you eating/drinking? (the vogons food thread)

Announcements, advice, random banter, unrelated discussion, et cetera.

Re: What are you eating/drinking? (the vogons food thread)

Postby Ultrax » 2019-5-13 @ 03:38

Chopped beef sandwiches, and instead of putting the barbeque sauce on them, I dipped them in it!
Ultrax
__
Presario 425|DX2-50|8MB|SB V16S|D622/WFW3.11 8)
Deskpro XE 450|DX2-50|32 MB|NT4.0/95
SR2038X|Athlon 64 X2 3800|2G|GT710 WINXP
Dimension 4400|P4 NW 2 GHz|256M|R128U AGP|WINXP
HPMini311|N270|2G|9400M|WINXP
Libretto50CT|P75|16MB|YMF711|WIN95 8)
User avatar
Ultrax
Member
 
Posts: 166
Joined: 2018-7-30 @ 22:30
Location: Texas, USA

Re: What are you eating/drinking? (the vogons food thread)

Postby brostenen » 2019-5-13 @ 16:24

Todays lunch....

Lunch.jpg
Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Jah ich will trynen... Die Leute wie macht scheisse in dem Grünen.
User avatar
brostenen
l33t++
 
Posts: 5367
Joined: 2014-5-07 @ 21:13
Location: Northern Jutland, Denmark.

Re: What are you eating/drinking? (the vogons food thread)

Postby bfcastello » 2019-5-13 @ 18:38

Image

Just some wafer with chocolate after lunch.
"Design isn't just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
JOBS, Steve.
User avatar
bfcastello
Member
 
Posts: 265
Joined: 2017-9-07 @ 02:39
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and Catalonia, Spain

Re: What are you eating/drinking? (the vogons food thread)

Postby brostenen » 2019-5-14 @ 17:47

Todays dinner....
Krebinet with pasta, ketchup and a small bowl of salad on the side. (salad not in picture)
Quite easy to make. Minced pork, mixed with milk soaked bread, one egg and salt/pepper.
Formed into a ball, turned in bread crumps and roasted on the pan in butter.

Krebinet.jpg
Krebinet
Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Jah ich will trynen... Die Leute wie macht scheisse in dem Grünen.
User avatar
brostenen
l33t++
 
Posts: 5367
Joined: 2014-5-07 @ 21:13
Location: Northern Jutland, Denmark.

Re: What are you eating/drinking? (the vogons food thread)

Postby Intel486dx33 » 2019-5-16 @ 17:36

My morning cup of Starbucks home brew coffee and a bag full of bagels.
Attachments
1C37279D-B6F6-45E6-946A-4D130B361AD1.jpeg
Last edited by Intel486dx33 on 2019-5-19 @ 19:22, edited 1 time in total.
Intel486dx33
l33t
 
Posts: 2052
Joined: 2018-5-17 @ 01:17
Location: U.S.A.

Re: What are you eating/drinking? (the vogons food thread)

Postby Ultrax » 2019-5-17 @ 13:45

Donut Shop medium-roast regular K-Cups. Ton of sugar, a bit of milk. Teeth destroying and energizing!
Ultrax
__
Presario 425|DX2-50|8MB|SB V16S|D622/WFW3.11 8)
Deskpro XE 450|DX2-50|32 MB|NT4.0/95
SR2038X|Athlon 64 X2 3800|2G|GT710 WINXP
Dimension 4400|P4 NW 2 GHz|256M|R128U AGP|WINXP
HPMini311|N270|2G|9400M|WINXP
Libretto50CT|P75|16MB|YMF711|WIN95 8)
User avatar
Ultrax
Member
 
Posts: 166
Joined: 2018-7-30 @ 22:30
Location: Texas, USA

Re: What are you eating/drinking? (the vogons food thread)

Postby oeuvre » 2019-5-17 @ 13:52

a nice cold glass of water
HP Z420 Workstation Intel Xeon E5-1620, 32GB, AMD FirePro V7900 2GB, SSD + HD, XP/7
Main Desktop Intel 6700, 32GB, AMD RX580 8GB, NVMe SSD + HD, 10
Image
User avatar
oeuvre
l33t
 
Posts: 3061
Joined: 2015-3-31 @ 13:31
Location: USA

Re: What are you eating/drinking? (the vogons food thread)

Postby buckeye » 2019-5-17 @ 14:50

Little Debbie's apple pie washed down with "hillbilly juice" (mountain dew). :happy:
Foxconn Q45M E8400 Core2 Duo 3GB DDR2 800 BFG Geforce 7950GT 512MB X-Fi Xtreme Music 500W XP SP3
Asus P3B-F P3 850 512MB 40GB Diamond Viper V770 Ultra 32MB Aureal Vortex 2 400W 98SE
User avatar
buckeye
Oldbie
 
Posts: 641
Joined: 2015-11-04 @ 17:54
Location: Piney Grove, AL

Re: What are you eating/drinking? (the vogons food thread)

Postby bfcastello » 2019-5-17 @ 17:19

Just ate a McDonalds lunch at work. I had to ask for delivery (iFood app) because the rain here is incredibly strong now. There will be a huge storm tonight...
"Design isn't just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
JOBS, Steve.
User avatar
bfcastello
Member
 
Posts: 265
Joined: 2017-9-07 @ 02:39
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and Catalonia, Spain

Re: What are you eating/drinking? (the vogons food thread)

Postby Anonymous Coward » 2019-5-18 @ 10:33

brostenen wrote:Todays lunch....

Lunch.jpg


You're really into brown beans, aren't you?
I like them too, but I prefer them for breakfast (English style). If you have them in the morning it's more entertaining during the rest of the day. If you eat them for dinner your wife might not appreciate the dutch ovens.

Is there a particular brand of canned brown beans you recommend? I like the Heinz beans in tomato sauce imported from the UK that come in the turquoise coloured can.
Will the highways on the internets become more few?
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium
User avatar
Anonymous Coward
l33t
 
Posts: 3292
Joined: 2008-3-20 @ 05:37
Location: Shandong, China

Re: What are you eating/drinking? (the vogons food thread)

Postby henryVK » 2019-5-19 @ 17:51

Cooked one of my all time favourite dishes. My dad would cook this, I think he got the recipe through family friends from Greece.

Fasolakia/Φασολάκια

This dish is dead simple yet rewarding, falling into the "lathera" category of greek cuisine (vegetables + olive oil) and will feed about five. Seriously, this is the ultimate comfort food and you can't mess it up...

    About 1 kg of green beans (doesn't really matter what kind, I use "bush" beans or haricots)
    1 kg of pork shoulder, pork chops will do in a pinch
    2 400 gram cans of tomato (I use Italian "Mutti" brand, which are great)
    2 medium onions (not the ginormous American ones ;))
    5-6 cloves of garlic
    About half a cup of fresh rosemary, oregano and thyme
    2/3 cup of olive oil (or more...)
    3/4 - 1 cup of water
    Feta and parsley for topping
    Some crusty bread to mop up the sauce

Pat the pork dry and cut into nice, big rustic cubes of about 1 1/2 inches and season with salt and pepper. Pour olive oil (don't be stingy) in your biggest pot and brown the cubes in two batches over high heat. While this is going on, cut (or snap) the beans to your preferred length and chop the onion and herbs and press the garlic. Take the pork out once it is sufficently brown, it doesn't have to be cooked through. Cook the onion for a couple of minutes until tender, add the garlic and cook that for a minute, finally, add the green beans and herbs and stir everything up. Cook them for 6-8 minutes, stirring as needed until they change colour, then add the tomatoes, pork, olive oil and water. Cook for 45 minutes to an hour until the beans are tender but not too soft. Serve with feta and parsley (and a drizzle of extra oil).

If you have a really big dutch oven, this can also be done in the oven but it takes almost twice as long and one should use less water.
User avatar
henryVK
Member
 
Posts: 293
Joined: 2017-12-29 @ 20:26
Location: Europe

Re: What are you eating/drinking? (the vogons food thread)

Postby JonathonWyble » 2019-5-20 @ 23:41

I was just drinking a glass of water :-P
You know, some of you guys mentioning drinking a bottle of beer makes me a little jealous, because I have four years until I'm old enough to drink :lol:
JonathonWyble
Member
 
Posts: 181
Joined: 2019-1-13 @ 02:10
Location: Buffalo, New York

Re: What are you eating/drinking? (the vogons food thread)

Postby brostenen » 2019-5-22 @ 20:32

Anonymous Coward wrote:
brostenen wrote:Todays lunch....

Lunch.jpg


You're really into brown beans, aren't you?
I like them too, but I prefer them for breakfast (English style). If you have them in the morning it's more entertaining during the rest of the day. If you eat them for dinner your wife might not appreciate the dutch ovens.

Is there a particular brand of canned brown beans you recommend? I like the Heinz beans in tomato sauce imported from the UK that come in the turquoise coloured can.


Sure....
I simply love beans. Brown, white, black, green, yellow, red and all sorts of other beans. Beans and meat is like just awesome.
There are no favorite brand of beans. Yet what I have noticed, is that the cheap ones have a tendency to have an aftertaste of soap.
That can be eliminated by adding a pinch of white sugar. Not much, just a quater of a small spoonfull.
This way they actually taste just as good as heinz, and you have more money for meat. ;-)
Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Jah ich will trynen... Die Leute wie macht scheisse in dem Grünen.
User avatar
brostenen
l33t++
 
Posts: 5367
Joined: 2014-5-07 @ 21:13
Location: Northern Jutland, Denmark.

Re: What are you eating/drinking? (the vogons food thread)

Postby brostenen » 2019-5-22 @ 20:34

JonathonWyble wrote:I was just drinking a glass of water :-P
You know, some of you guys mentioning drinking a bottle of beer makes me a little jealous, because I have four years until I'm old enough to drink :lol:


You are 14? That is like really young for an Vogon user, and someone that are into vintage computers.
Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Jah ich will trynen... Die Leute wie macht scheisse in dem Grünen.
User avatar
brostenen
l33t++
 
Posts: 5367
Joined: 2014-5-07 @ 21:13
Location: Northern Jutland, Denmark.

Re: What are you eating/drinking? (the vogons food thread)

Postby Ultrax » 2019-5-22 @ 20:39

brostenen wrote:
JonathonWyble wrote:I was just drinking a glass of water :-P
You know, some of you guys mentioning drinking a bottle of beer makes me a little jealous, because I have four years until I'm old enough to drink :lol:


You are 14? That is like really young for an Vogon user, and someone that are into vintage computers.


I think he's 17. The legal drinking age in the US is 21. :P
Ultrax
__
Presario 425|DX2-50|8MB|SB V16S|D622/WFW3.11 8)
Deskpro XE 450|DX2-50|32 MB|NT4.0/95
SR2038X|Athlon 64 X2 3800|2G|GT710 WINXP
Dimension 4400|P4 NW 2 GHz|256M|R128U AGP|WINXP
HPMini311|N270|2G|9400M|WINXP
Libretto50CT|P75|16MB|YMF711|WIN95 8)
User avatar
Ultrax
Member
 
Posts: 166
Joined: 2018-7-30 @ 22:30
Location: Texas, USA

Re: What are you eating/drinking? (the vogons food thread)

Postby brostenen » 2019-5-22 @ 20:44

henryVK wrote:Cooked one of my all time favourite dishes. My dad would cook this, I think he got the recipe through family friends from Greece.

Fasolakia/Φασολάκια

This dish is dead simple yet rewarding, falling into the "lathera" category of greek cuisine (vegetables + olive oil) and will feed about five. Seriously, this is the ultimate comfort food and you can't mess it up...

    About 1 kg of green beans (doesn't really matter what kind, I use "bush" beans or haricots)
    1 kg of pork shoulder, pork chops will do in a pinch
    2 400 gram cans of tomato (I use Italian "Mutti" brand, which are great)
    2 medium onions (not the ginormous American ones ;))
    5-6 cloves of garlic
    About half a cup of fresh rosemary, oregano and thyme
    2/3 cup of olive oil (or more...)
    3/4 - 1 cup of water
    Feta and parsley for topping
    Some crusty bread to mop up the sauce

Pat the pork dry and cut into nice, big rustic cubes of about 1 1/2 inches and season with salt and pepper. Pour olive oil (don't be stingy) in your biggest pot and brown the cubes in two batches over high heat. While this is going on, cut (or snap) the beans to your preferred length and chop the onion and herbs and press the garlic. Take the pork out once it is sufficently brown, it doesn't have to be cooked through. Cook the onion for a couple of minutes until tender, add the garlic and cook that for a minute, finally, add the green beans and herbs and stir everything up. Cook them for 6-8 minutes, stirring as needed until they change colour, then add the tomatoes, pork, olive oil and water. Cook for 45 minutes to an hour until the beans are tender but not too soft. Serve with feta and parsley (and a drizzle of extra oil).

If you have a really big dutch oven, this can also be done in the oven but it takes almost twice as long and one should use less water.


Thanks for the recepie. As I never eat cheese, then I will leave out the Feta. Can I use 38% sour cream instead?
Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Jah ich will trynen... Die Leute wie macht scheisse in dem Grünen.
User avatar
brostenen
l33t++
 
Posts: 5367
Joined: 2014-5-07 @ 21:13
Location: Northern Jutland, Denmark.

Re: What are you eating/drinking? (the vogons food thread)

Postby brostenen » 2019-5-22 @ 21:06

We had barbeque today. And the choice was eighter french fires with chilli ketchup or cold potato salad and creamed green salad to the meat. (so I took two pictures of the different dishes) The meat was marinaded in a good homemade one, for a couple of hours before they hit the grill. The meat used was pork chops.

Marinade sauce:
- Good splash of soy sauce.
- A tablespoon of dark/black sirup. (the type that taste exactly like caramel)
- 4 cloves of garlic.
- Some dried and powdered chilli.
- Some dried and powdered paprika.
- Lots of fresh grounded black pepper.
- A pinch of dried and powdered coriander.

The marinade is better for chicken breast fillet... (Just saying)

IMG_20190522_203454011.jpg

IMG_20190522_203447108.jpg
Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Jah ich will trynen... Die Leute wie macht scheisse in dem Grünen.
User avatar
brostenen
l33t++
 
Posts: 5367
Joined: 2014-5-07 @ 21:13
Location: Northern Jutland, Denmark.

Re: What are you eating/drinking? (the vogons food thread)

Postby henryVK » 2019-5-23 @ 09:23

I suppose one could do sour cream! Maybe add some more salt to make up for the missing feta.

What is this black syrup you mentioned?
User avatar
henryVK
Member
 
Posts: 293
Joined: 2017-12-29 @ 20:26
Location: Europe

Re: What are you eating/drinking? (the vogons food thread)

Postby brostenen » 2019-5-23 @ 12:59

henryVK wrote:I suppose one could do sour cream! Maybe add some more salt to make up for the missing feta.

What is this black syrup you mentioned?


Cool.... Sour cream is one of the only milk products that I consume, except for fresh cream, milk and butter. And I don't even drink milk. Use it in cooking though.

The sirup that I am talking about is a Danish sugar product. It is made from a plant, grown in clay rich soil. As it contains lots of natural sugar, it is economically more viable to use than sugar canes here.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_vulgaris

The product I use is this:
https://www.dansukker.dk/dk/produkter/alle-produkter/moerk-sirup.aspx

The bottle is a clear see-through, so the colour is indeed nearly black.
Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Jah ich will trynen... Die Leute wie macht scheisse in dem Grünen.
User avatar
brostenen
l33t++
 
Posts: 5367
Joined: 2014-5-07 @ 21:13
Location: Northern Jutland, Denmark.

Re: What are you eating/drinking? (the vogons food thread)

Postby brostenen » 2019-5-23 @ 13:09

Ultrax wrote:
brostenen wrote:
JonathonWyble wrote:I was just drinking a glass of water :-P
You know, some of you guys mentioning drinking a bottle of beer makes me a little jealous, because I have four years until I'm old enough to drink :lol:


You are 14? That is like really young for an Vogon user, and someone that are into vintage computers.


I think he's 17. The legal drinking age in the US is 21. :P


Ahhh... I see.
Never understood that rule. To me it should be legal once you are an adult. Like you can go to war and get killed, yet you have never tasted a beer. Sounds unfair.

Here we learn how to drink at a young age. Like at the age of some 14, we are alowed to taste our fathers beer. And each year we are allowed to drink a bit more. By the time we reach 18, we have learned to drink resposible. The law states that you are not alowed to go to bars or buy alcohol before the age of 18. So we learn at home.

I have seen too many american exchange students here in denmark, that when they reach 18, they go to a bar for the first time, and end up with alcohol poisoning that same night. Not cool to end your first night drinking, at the hospital, with a tube sucking out the exces alcohol.

The morale of the story is, that if you have not learned to controll it and know what it does to your body. Then you will drink an extreme amount. Because. Yeah. It is fun to a certain point, yet the line is easy to cross, and the line is super thin. Unless you have an alcohol problem.
Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Jah ich will trynen... Die Leute wie macht scheisse in dem Grünen.
User avatar
brostenen
l33t++
 
Posts: 5367
Joined: 2014-5-07 @ 21:13
Location: Northern Jutland, Denmark.

PreviousNext

Return to Milliways

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest