Common searches

Reply 40 of 40, by SPBHM

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Scali wrote:
kjliew wrote:

And for sure, ones will miss out lots of great new advances in hardware/software.

Yes, to get back on topic: there may be 'some' support for DX12 on Windows 7 now, but Windows 10 has full support for DX12, with more features and better performance.
I still don't get the point. How big can the market really be for people who won't or can't upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, when they want to play a DX12 game?

well, I don't think many of them can't but some people just want to use Windows 7 and have capable hardware for gaming with DX12
their main arguments are the they prefer the UI, Updates system and Privacy,

with Google Stadia running on Linux/Vulkan it's very likely that more games will support Vulkan even on the PC version, and that should work on Windows 7, but it really feels very late for 7....

and even on windows 10 almost everything runs better or close enough with DX11 compared to 12...

but we know that the next gen of consoles is near, I wonder if they expect more multiplatform games in 2020 to use just DX12 while some games would want to keep compatibility with windows 7 and that's why MS opened this door? or maybe it's more directly related to the threat of Vulkan!?

in any case, if you want windows 7 to die for gaming, what has to happen is for Nvidia to end driver support for 7 64.