VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by JonathonWyble

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

We already have a weekend thread, so why not have a weekday thread?! This is the place where you can tell a little bit about what you did throughout the five day weeks. I haven't seen a thread like this one yet, so what the heck.

I'll go first.

This was just a typical week of school and stuff. Yesterday my school had "take your child to work day", where some teachers would take their young children to school with them and show them what they do in their job, so I was with a few younger children of teachers' yesterday at school. Nothing very exciting happened with me this week, haha.

So, what did you guys do the past five days?

1998 Pentium II build

1553292341.th.19547.gif

Reply 1 of 5, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Typically, I work 9-10 hrs during the day (I manage IT and QC for a small business), spend the evenings watching TV with my wife, go to bed by 9, up at 4:30, if I'm lucky I get 30 minutes of gaming in before work. 😀 The bulk of my gaming takes place on Sat and Sun mornings, from 5am to 8am. Sometimes I get more gaming time, depending on if my wife has other things going on outside the house. Pretty boring and routine.

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 2 of 5, by wiretap

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This week every day: woke up at 5am, get on the computer for 30min to check forums and retro PC parts search triggers, then head off to work. It was somewhat crappy at work this week. We had INPO (Institute of Nuclear Power Operators) at my work, where they focused on looking into our engineering program. Somehow I didn't have to interview with them or provide any documentation, but a lot of other people got drilled. Other than that, all week I worked on figuring out the best ways to spend $30M+ on a new security system upgrade -- wrote up some whitepapers and documented at least 250 components that need upgraded. I tried to get a hold of FLIR to get more info about their Ranger HDC MS camera and TACFLIR 380-HD camera but they passed me around to about 15 different people before I got frustrated and just sent them an email to respond to my technical questions.

Every day after work, I take care of my son who will be turning 2 years old soon, in order to give my wife a break. (she's a stay at home mom) I usually spend the evening with her from 8pm-11pm after our son goes to bed.

TLDR version: Wake up at 5am, go to bed at 11pm every day, work between 50-80hrs in a typical week depending on what's going on at work, take care of toddler after work, spend time with wife in evening hours.

My Github
Circuit Board Repair Manuals

Reply 3 of 5, by JonathonWyble

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You know, you don't have to tell what you usually do every week. I mean you can, but you can also tell something that happened that was interesting and things like that.
😀

1998 Pentium II build

1553292341.th.19547.gif

Reply 4 of 5, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Lolz I posted in this thread thinking it was the weekend thread, but now I see that this is ANOTHER very similar thread and that the OP has quite specific ideas around what he wants us to post in his thread.

I will correct my mistake.

@wiretap thanks for sharing.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 5 of 5, by SpectriaForce

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
wiretap wrote:

TLDR version: Wake up at 5am, go to bed at 11pm every day

That's not enough sleep and it will break you up eventually.