VOGONS

Common searches

Lastest vídeo of LGR

Topic actions

First post, by dkarguth

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I just visited a computer warehouse in an undisclosed location in Texas, and was blown away by the amount of stuff there. Sealed PC Jrs, about 100-200 IBM 5150s, 5160s, and 5170s, new inbox sealed IBM cga, ega, and vga cards, stacks of IBM 5151s, 5153s, and 5154s, brand new compaq portables, stacks of deskpros, about 100 new in box model M keyboards... I just about had a heart attack from the sheer amount of stuff there

F7ZtlTvl.jpg
GoYOWyUl.jpg
gKTZJ7Rl.jpg
qIv0QtFl.jpg
ZZProHwl.jpg
L54Q9zKl.jpg

"And remember, this fix is only temporary, unless it works." -Red Green

Reply 3 of 123, by SW-SSG

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Looks a bit haphazard... boxes stacked upon boxes stacked upon monitors stacked upon boxes. Wonder how much of the stuff is actually salvageable.

That last photo looks especially dire.

Reply 5 of 123, by SpectriaForce

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Who ever owns this should put those IBM 5154 monitors and IBM mechanical keyboards on ebay to start a get rich quick scheme 😁

Anyway, jeezz, this indeed looks like the mother of all loads. Moar pictures please 😊

Reply 7 of 123, by BeginnerGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I thought it was luckybobs house, but I guess not..

We really want more info on this tease OP!!!

Sup. I like computers. Are you a computer?

Reply 8 of 123, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

About a year to take inventory and another 50 to test it all. 🤣 It's amazing people are still finding stashes like this. Hopefully it can all be saved. Look forward to hearing more about this.

Reply 14 of 123, by dkarguth

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So basically the guy used to run a computer shop where he repaired those computers and sold them, but the guy that repaired the computers for him passed away and all the modern computer techs he brought in to try to repair them had no idea what they were doing on anything that old. I am going to offer to work there part time to catalog, clean up, and repair the stuff so that he could list it on ebay. (I'm an unemployed college student so I have ridiculous amounts of free time) I'll let you know what he says.

Edit: Sorry, that's all the pictures I have at the moment, I was so overwhelmed by the amount of stuff that I forgot to take pictures until the last second. Also sorry about the late response, I'm in a completely different time zone as most of y'all 🤣

"And remember, this fix is only temporary, unless it works." -Red Green

Reply 15 of 123, by novasilisko

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ahhh I really hope you can get into that role and give them some attention. This is like seeing those commercials of sad neglected puppies for me.

Phoenix / The Disasterpiece
Processor: Am386DX-40 | Memory: 20 MB | Graphics: Trident TVGA9000B | Sound: TBD | Era: No

Reply 16 of 123, by torindkflt

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
novasilisko wrote:

This is like seeing those commercials of sad neglected puppies for me.

♫ In the aaaaarrrrrms of an angel... ♫ 🤣

But seriously, good find! I wish Texas wasn't so far away, I'd love some of that gear!

Reply 17 of 123, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
torindkflt wrote:
novasilisko wrote:

This is like seeing those commercials of sad neglected puppies for me.

♫ In the aaaaarrrrrms of an angel... ♫ 🤣

But seriously, good find! I wish Texas wasn't so far away, I'd love some of that gear!

I've driven farther. Denver to Houston (ish) is easy. Last road trip I took was 2000miles round trip for some rare Pentium Pro machines.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 18 of 123, by Shagittarius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Let us know when they start putting some of this up on ebay, or if they want to do any deals to this community prior to going on ebay =)