VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Errius

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Is anyone else getting security errors connecting to Mobygames? This seems to have started after Chrome updated itself from version 76 to 77. (I've tried clearing caches, cookies etc.) Other browsers are OK.

Do the Moby people have an IRC channel or support forum?

ETA: OK, I'm getting the same problem with Edge and Opera so it's not a browser problem. Firefox is OK.

ETA2: Working now. Reinstalled Chrome, rebooted computer, and let Windows install some update. I don't know which one made the difference.

Last edited by Errius on 2019-09-13, 01:12. Edited 1 time in total.

Is this too much voodoo?

Reply 1 of 9, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

They have a Discord channel rather than those nice and easy things for some reason. Although I'm seeing absolutely no issues here with either Pale Moon, Chrome, or FF.

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 2 of 9, by Errius

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Well this strange problem popped up again. Certificate errors when connecting to https://www.mobygames.com using Chrome, Edge and Opera. (Firefox is OK).

Again, I fixed the problem by clearing Chrome cache, installing two optional Windows updates, and rebooting the computer. Reinstallation of Chrome was not necessary. Am I the only person experiencing this?

Is this too much voodoo?

Reply 5 of 9, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Could be anything from a local caching bug to your firewall/gateway/ISP doing something strange...
What specific errors are you seeing (expired certificate? unknown/untrusted issuer? domain name mismatch?)

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]