Reply 140 of 743, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Jo22 wrote on 2019-12-28, 22:14:

You wanna talk about memories... TEH GRAY! 😁
https://web.archive.org/web/20020726181507/ht … tafleet.com:80/

Had a "Paypal Donate" button and was a member of several web rings! I'd forgotten that...

I still remember the "Vogon" default profile avatars that admins and moderators had, not sure where to find them on web.archive.org tho...

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 141 of 743, by imi

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

guess I'll have to look for another easy way to change the fonts before being able to use the site again.
turning off javascript does help for now, at least I can read again even if I can't see any icons then.

Last edited by imi on 2019-12-29, 00:40. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 142 of 743, by Bruninho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Stiletto wrote on 2019-12-28, 22:59:
Duouk2000 wrote on 2019-12-28, 21:00:
Qbix wrote on 2019-12-28, 20:32:

Before the upgrade you only had one post. So the number matches and a backup made to test development on also only has one post for you which is a lot older.

Are you sure about having more posts ? (are you not confused with a different account you might have had ?)

Massive apologies, I must have created a secondary account for some reason 2011! I'll edit my previous post to avoid confusion.

Oh thank god.

We can move/merge the two accounts over to this one if you'd like! There's only a few posts on the newer account. I can reassign the posts but to move private messages, Qbix or Snover needs to handle it.

Can I ask one question? You can rename accounts? I'd like to have mine renamed to my real-life nickname.

"Design isn't just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
JOBS, Steve.
READ: Right to Repair sucks and is illegal!

Reply 143 of 743, by j^aws

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Cobra42898 wrote on 2019-12-28, 22:55:

I've adjusted the colors to old skool, the font size, etc... but i still feel like im way too zoomed in. I dont want to scroll and scroll and scroll through mostly lines all soaked up just by names and avatars, much more so than before. I view mostly by mobile phone, so ymmv. i really like the site, but until this gets better i dont see myslef browsing nearly as much as i used to. it's painful.

an entire site devoted to old software, updating to new software. what could go wrong?

What browser are you using? Below is desktop mode on Samsung browser with its text size option set at 90%:

Attachments

Reply 144 of 743, by Duouk2000

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Stiletto wrote on 2019-12-28, 22:59:
Duouk2000 wrote on 2019-12-28, 21:00:
Qbix wrote on 2019-12-28, 20:32:

Before the upgrade you only had one post. So the number matches and a backup made to test development on also only has one post for you which is a lot older.

Are you sure about having more posts ? (are you not confused with a different account you might have had ?)

Massive apologies, I must have created a secondary account for some reason 2011! I'll edit my previous post to avoid confusion.

Oh thank god.

We can move/merge the two accounts over to this one if you'd like! There's only a few posts on the newer account. I can reassign the posts but to move private messages, Qbix or Snover needs to handle it.

Yeah that would be great actually, cheers 😀

Reply 145 of 743, by pentiumspeed

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Darker shades of purple makes my Samsung PX2370 (10 years old just) monitor shimmer little when scrolling. PVA panels does this depending and cheap TN LCDs as well, if IPS not overdriven looks better.

Lost the jump to last page from the forum titles created by original thread starter. Also lists read flow-ablity made readability text little harder due to too bold titles. Make less bold, one step bold should be suffice? In the main text, standard text instead of bold?

Cheers,

Great Northern aka Canada.

Reply 146 of 743, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Stiletto wrote on 2019-12-28, 23:07:

TEH GRAY, *AND* the use of the old 04B bitmap fonts in the art and 1px borders and a small fixed optimized size so the graphics don't break. It's a few .:'s, shoutboxes and scanline patterns away from peak 2002 web design. The only design residue of that era left here is a certain administprogrammer with a edited bouncing World gif

Last edited by leileilol on 2019-12-29, 01:20. Edited 1 time in total.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 149 of 743, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
leileilol wrote on 2019-12-29, 01:13:
Stiletto wrote on 2019-12-28, 23:07:

TEH GRAY, *AND* the use of the old 04B bitmap fonts in the art and 1px borders and a small fixed optimized size so the graphics don't break. It's a few .:'s, shoutboxes and scanline patterns away from peak 2002 web design. The only design residue of that era left here is a certain administprogrammer with a edited bouncing World gif

Wow, you guys. I don’t even have a memory of that grey one. I do remember the Cobalt RaQ I was complaining about in the news though, those things were a nightmare. Anyway, I can’t reminisce quite yet since I have the list of things to fix here 😀

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 150 of 743, by fitzpatr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'll chime in and say that I love the mobile interface!

No issue with dithered background, text is very legible

Firefox 68.3 on Android 9
Motorola G7 Plus

Haven't tried on desktop.

MT-32 Old, CM-32L, CM-500, SC-55mkII, SC-88Pro, SC-D70, FB-01, MU2000EX
K6-III+/450/GA-5AX/G400 Max/Voodoo2 SLI/CT1750/MPU-401AT/Audigy 2ZS
486 Build

Reply 153 of 743, by maxtherabbit

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
pico1180 wrote on 2019-12-29, 04:52:

the buy/sell are went away with the new upgrade. can we get it back please.

do what? there was never a trading forum here

Reply 155 of 743, by Agent of the BSoD

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm getting used to the new layout. I actually like the way the text is, easier for me to read without having to move closer to the monitor. After lurking on here a little and just reading this thread, I'm pretty comfortable with it.

There is one minor thing though, and this likely affects a very small percentage of people, but my monitor really doesn't like the dither on quote fields. On my secondary TN, it's fine, but my primary is IPS and for some reason, it streaks horizontally where the quote blocks are, and also makes the quote blocks themselves green. No clue why, but I've noted this behavior before on some other programs that use dotted pixels like that in a large enough amount. Just thought you should know. I can always just use the oldskool theme to get rid of that quirk anyway.

This is what it looks like:
https://imgur.com/Cwgrqnv

Also came across this message with an attachment so there's that too.
YxhZGZ7.png

Pentium MMX 233 | 64MB | FIC PA-2013 | Matrox Mystique 220 | SB Pro 2 | Music Quest MPU Clone | Windows 95B
MT-32 | SC-55mkII, 88Pro, 8820 | SB16 CT2230
3DFX Voodoo 1&2 | S3 ViRGE GX2 | PowerVR PCX1&2 | Rendition Vérité V1000 | ATI 3D Rage Pro