Topic actions

Reply 660 of 668, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
cde wrote on 2020-05-21, 08:52:
cyclone3d wrote on 2020-05-17, 01:41:

Can somebody point me to a signature that causes issues? I use mine for usefully links.

This is what your signature looks like on a mobile phone, it takes a lot of screen estate:

Screenshot_20200521-104951.png

Well.. I tried shortening it so each link would only take one line on mobile but it won't let me save the changes because it says the max is 255 characters and I am using 407.... so it will just have to stay until I can figure something out.

BBCODE should not count towards the character limit but it does. Not sure if there is a way to fix that but there should be if there isn't.

Yamaha YMF modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG resource repository - updated November 27, 2018
Yamaha YMF7x4 Guide
AW744L II - YMF744 - AOpen Cobra Sound Card - Install SB-Link Header
Epstein didn't kill himself

Reply 661 of 668, by Bruninho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You can still reduce it without being too redundant. I know these are three different Yamaha stuff, but still, you could for example, make a topic about Yamaha stuff, put the links there, and just keep one link for that topic.

But it's just a suggestion, the way I worked that suggestion is how my mind works, I guess it works for me.

"Design isn't just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
JOBS, Steve.

Reply 662 of 668, by Paralel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
bjwil1991 wrote on 2020-05-22, 05:43:

With my eyesight, I cannot see the pointer very well at all.

The site hijacks the cursor. This is a well known issue. I, and several other people, have made the administration here aware that this is a severe barrier to accessibility, as I also have ocular issues that prevent me from using a smaller cursor. The administration, being the compassionate and understanding individuals they are, have chosen to tell us to handle it on our end by modifying how our browser work for the most part. At one point the admin member that was responsible for this redesign said it was an issue with how the browsers were handling the code here (👌) and reported it as a "bug" but nothing came of it (shocking, I know).

As a result I gave up coming to Vogons until someone told me that Edge has a bug in it that ignores the cursor hijacking and allows you to still use your standard system cursor. I found out there were right, so I decided to come back here. Although, someone discovered that ignoring the cursor hijacking was actually a bug in the browser, which could be patched at any time. So, it isn't much of a solution.

Last edited by Paralel on 2020-05-23, 20:10. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 664 of 668, by Paralel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
bjwil1991 wrote on 2020-05-23, 06:49:

Even Google "I eat memory for every meal" Chrome and FireFox do the same thing.

Yes, unfortunately, they all respect the cursor hijacking. The only workaround is to use a client-side script mentioned here:

Re: Welcome to the updated VOGONS

Except for that, our only hope is that eventually the administrators will hear the pleas of us plebs and grant us our request to stop hijacking the cursor, but that is highly unlikely at this point.

Reply 665 of 668, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That's much better. I didn't realize the new Edge version allows the installation of Chrome extensions, which is rad, man.

Discord: https://discord.gg/U5dJw7x
Systems from C64 to FX-6300.

Reply 666 of 668, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

What are the advantages and disadvantages of the Stylish solution versus adding a CSS override like:

* { cursor : initial !important; }

Is it primarily a case of wanting site specific overrides?

I'm not aware of a tactic that overrides cursor declarations with more specificity and the !important flag.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 667 of 668, by Bruninho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
bjwil1991 wrote on 2020-05-23, 21:13:

That's much better. I didn't realize the new Edge version allows the installation of Chrome extensions, which is rad, man.

It's very, very good. Allows me to use the same adblocker extension across all systems (Adguard). As well as the same web development tools extensions I added to Chrome.

(I do not use Chrome; I only load Chrome for when I need to test any website page I am developing at work).

EDIT: I actually have one complaint - why is the forum theme using a CSS filter rule to make our images in our signatures look darker? It's just one rule, it could be removed and its a win-win situation.

"Design isn't just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
JOBS, Steve.

Reply 668 of 668, by imi

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

for everyone who is in despair because of the new emoji plague, I finally found a solution for firefox (in windows?) at least:

in about:config add a new string with the name font.name-list.serif.x-unicode and for the value choose Segoe UI Symbol