VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by xlucas

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello! I'm Lucas and this is my first post here ever. I have visited Vogons many times in the past, with the old design and all, but I had never before signed up. Call me shy, ha, ha. Anyway... nice to be here!

I'm not really sure if my post is the type for this forum section, but I read carefully and none seems better, so here it goes: I'm trying to find one particular NES game that I remember. Its tune still rings in my head, but I don't know its name.

In the game, you're a cute ghost and it's a sidescroller. If I want to be more specific, I have to sing the tune to a sound file and upload it here, ha, ha... but even though my description is vague, I doubt there are more than two or three games that fit for that platform. If anybody can suggest which it could be, I'll appreciate it very much. Thank you!

Oh, and if this post should be somewhere else, please move it and forgive me!

Reply 2 of 5, by BSA Starfire

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I think Leileilol is right. Weirdly we were playing this one on the Famicom just the other day, it's still in the console!
Obake no Q-Taro Wan Wan Panic that roughly translates to Q-Taro the ghost woof, woof panic. The game is from Bandai in 1985 and based around a popular manga and anime series originally from the 1960's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJs-KuUyez8

DSC_0190.JPG
Filename
DSC_0190.JPG
File size
652.61 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

286 20MHz,1MB RAM,Trident 8900B 1MB, Conner CFA-170A.SB 1350B
386SX 33MHz,ULSI 387,4MB Ram,OAK OTI077 1MB. Seagate ST1144A, MS WSS audio
Amstrad PC 9486i, DX/2 66, 16 MB RAM, Cirrus SVGA,Win 95,SB 16
Cyrix MII 333,128MB,SiS 6326 H0 rev,ESS 1869,Win ME

Reply 3 of 5, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Kirby's Adventure? A Boy and His Blob?

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium

Reply 4 of 5, by xlucas

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ah! It's definitely WanWan Panic! Thank you!

The thing is Famicom arrived in my country much later than in Asia and North America, so by that time, cartridges with 4 and with 64 games were already very common, so most people wouldn't buy individual game cartridges (more expensive and only one game). As a result, games were listed in the cartridges with generic names and because the splash screens were usually in Japanese, we didn't know the real game names, except for the most famous ones.

This game was in a 4 game cartridge of a friend of mine.