VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

well not the entire fleet but 4 out of 13 PC's have called it a day 😀
I moved in December and only getting around to setting most of them up now but eve still!

First was my P4p800 motherboard that corrupt its bios by the look of it, Should be a simple case of a floppy disk when I get time
That was a surprise as it wasn't showing any signs of strange behavior but it my least used PC

Next was a ML350 G5 that looks to have a failed VRM. Annoying as I only salvaged it from an ex client in November and up till Jan could have swapped it for another for free.
That was earmarked for a project later in the year so it goes back to the gararge and put in my duel socket 604 Dell Precision 650 which itself is on borrowed time with many swollen caps.

Then my Prolient 1600 refuses to post. Annoyed about that one as it's where I keep all my retro software. plus I just like that machine. It did at least give warning sometimes needing me to hit the power switch a 2nd or 3rd time so can't be mad at it.

Then most annoyingly my very first PC the Osborne DX2/66 now just beeps at me. I suspect the Dallas RTC has finally given up. That at least did work in January but hasn't liked cold boots in a while now.

all 4 are fixable just annoying all 4 decided to go at the same time and just when i can have a sneaky mess around on them during work but with kids and rest things at the moment none of it will get done any time soon. might just be something in this "dos box" thing i hear about.