VOGONS

Common searches

Coronavirus chatter

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator
Snover wrote:
Hi everyone, […]
Show full quote

Hi everyone,

This topic has been used a few times now to promote baseless conspiracy theories about the origin of coronavirus, or to insult or attack groups of people based on nationality or ethnicity. This kind of behaviour is not acceptable on VOGONS. From what I’ve seen, everyone else has been doing a fantastic job of keeping cool and not engaging negatively with these posts (💯!), so please keep doing that!

Discussion of this important topic is contingent on posts remaining friendly, non-discriminatory, and fact-based. It is OK to debate emerging scientific data and theories in good faith. It is OK to express feelings of exasperation or disbelief at the situation, or of the things you are seeing and experiencing. It is OK to bring some levity to this very dark time in our history. It is not OK to perpetuate conspiracies, to state falsehoods, to insult others, or to make comments or give advice that may put anyone in harm’s way.

I genuinely hope that all of you, and those you care for, find your way through to the other side of this nightmare. Please be safe, stay at home, and take care of each other.

Thanks,

This call for cooler heads did not help, so the thread is now closed and moved to the moderator forum in hopes that someone removes all the tin foil hat stuff.
I'm sorry that I needed to do that, such a thread fills a need in these times and I participated for a tiny bit myself. But going off the rails does NOT help in these times and this forum does not want to help spread conspiracy theories.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 1 of 1, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Prudently I removed the new Corona thread by robertmo as well. It seems these threads are a honeypot for people that desperately need to vent their theories...

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper