VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by TexasBard79

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Pent up due to COVID 19 has hit me harder than I would like ... so I ripped open an old HP with the crummy ASUS MBV-VM Socket 370 motherboard. It's been living up to it's crapics chipset name because the only card it seems friendly with is an old Voodoo 3 2000 PCI ... but the Sound Blaster Live! dropped in without a hitch. SATA to IDE adapter is workable too. Is there any reason it doesn't like the Rage 128, Rage Fury Maxx, or any other card? Or did HP conspire against my life 21 years ago to make sure I just couldn't use a cheaper card?

Reply 2 of 12, by imi

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
TexasBard79 wrote on 2020-04-12, 16:37:

Pent up due to COVID 19 has hit me harder than I would like ... so I ripped open an old HP with the crummy ASUS MBV-VM Socket 370 motherboard. It's been living up to it's crapics chipset name because the only card it seems friendly with is an old Voodoo 3 2000 PCI ... but the Sound Blaster Live! dropped in without a hitch. SATA to IDE adapter is workable too. Is there any reason it doesn't like the Rage 128, Rage Fury Maxx, or any other card? Or did HP conspire against my life 21 years ago to make sure I just couldn't use a cheaper card?

can't find a MBV-VM, did you mean MEV-VM?
I guess the reason why a rage fury maxx doesn't work is that it doesn't have an AGP slot? x3

Reply 3 of 12, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator
robertmo wrote on 2020-04-14, 06:32:

Wuhan, China already has less active cases than Heilongjiang province

Please stay on topic. Even though the subject points to Covid, the thread itself is not. Don't want to see another thread I'll have to close...

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 4 of 12, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Been gone for a long time but are we not allowed to talk about current events? Also yeah kinda wishing I hadn't sold all that stuff now but then again what would I really have done with it all anyway. 🤣

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 5 of 12, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Current events are fine, but:
Not when BS posts are made like the other threads that were closed.
Not when it doesn't have anything to do with the thread. Stay on topic.
Leave the idiocy for the rest of the Internets.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 6 of 12, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Out of curiosity what happened with the other posts? Like I said I've been gone for a long time. What were they about?

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 8 of 12, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

basically it was facebook: the thread, and the replies in this thread is "don't repeat facebook: the thread", so please respect the mods' wishes to not have facebook: the thread and respect others' non-soapboxy lockdown dilemma threads and not derail them to become your personal facebook: the thread. Some go here for escapism

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 10 of 12, by Fujoshi-hime

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm an introvert by nature so I'm dealing with the lock down and working from home pretty well. Though I am glad that I was able to get my WinME and WinXP PCs moooostly up and running before shipping got more challenging. I also have like 3 more hours per work day of personal time, which is great and it has me feeling FAR less burnt out from working, but it makes me wanna go do stuff with friends... But that's not something we can do right now. Irony. 😜

Reply 11 of 12, by yawetaG

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Errius wrote on 2020-04-14, 18:44:
A handy visual guide […]
Show full quote

A handy visual guide

VOGONS:

dNr7xOv.gif

f7jzYLv.gif

Not VOGONS:

ol7rWjS.gif

FgjKZvO.gif

Oh, come on. Some of the more heated discussions basically resemble the bottom one except that the kids head gets shoved through his CRT instead.