Common searches

Apple is getting off Intel CPU’s ?

Topic actions

Reply 440 of 448, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

getting the license for the free player was quite an ordeal. The website checks for geolocation and language of the browser to direct you to the proper page in your native language. Problem was that the "get the free license" link wasn't there in the German version of the page, so I was constantly redirected to a license of Workstation ONE (or whatever). Only by using a VPN and Chrome in English was I able to get a free license... To realize what the problem was, was the biggest hurdle...

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox

Reply 441 of 448, by Bruninho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Dominus wrote on 2020-09-15, 15:45:

getting the license for the free player was quite an ordeal. The website checks for geolocation and language of the browser to direct you to the proper page in your native language. Problem was that the "get the free license" link wasn't there in the German version of the page, so I was constantly redirected to a license of Workstation ONE (or whatever). Only by using a VPN and Chrome in English was I able to get a free license... To realize what the problem was, was the biggest hurdle...

I had the same problem the entire morning. The VPN + Chrome option in english didn't even work too. Then all of sudden I had the luck to get in there on Safari while I was attempting to log in on both browsers. I quickly did a screenshot of the page to save the license key in case I lose access to their website again.

EDIT 2: I got an answer on Twitter and I found a page comparing better the two versions. (https://www.vmware.com/products/fusion.html#compare) essentially Player version just missing advanced features from Pro version. Nothing really significant for home customers.

EDIT 3: I am now waiting for the Apple Event video to begin in a few minutes...

"Design isn't just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
JOBS, Steve.

Reply 442 of 448, by Bruninho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I think I've just watched the worst ever keynote from Apple today - I want my wasted one hour back.

JOBS, Steve.

Reply 444 of 448, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I never watched them longer than a couple of minutes, Jobs or no Jobs. I rather read the ghist, sometimes even a liveticker but I don't enjoy watching these things

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox

Reply 445 of 448, by Bruninho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
kolderman wrote on 2020-09-15, 18:51:

Weren't they all terrible post Jobs?

A couple of them were quite good, but recently they were terrible. This one just added more fuel to the statement "Apple cannot innovate anymore".

Phil Schiller will be pissed again...

JOBS, Steve.

Reply 446 of 448, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
leileilol wrote on 2020-09-15, 00:42:

Thank a lot for the link, leileilol!

Though I wonder if this 'invitation' is meant for UK/GB/English people only, Europeans, or the whole humanity.

I wonder, because petitions that target government people are usually meant to be supported by the people of the very same country.

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 447 of 448, by SwirlyDreamy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I know this is against the rules but this has never been more relevant has it than today?

Given how anti-trust has turned more and more of a blind eye over the years to these kinds of things, probably in the hope that open source will completely give up for proprietary due to the lack of ability to keep up or support (probably related to the whole PRISM/etc and everything else tbh given how it's been more and more of a thing ever since ID'ing people on the tiniest of things became more and more commonplace and easy), it's not entirely impossible it could go through with some bribery.

(Also gotta love how many ardent Nintendo fans are reacting to this online, saying it'll be 'good for the Switch'. Shows how much they care about everyone else, the rest of the world's industry, huh. Bet the ardent anti-Apple people, which do tend to fall into the 'Nintendo fan' category too, are also hoping it happens 'to eliminate Apple' due to their issues with NVIDIA... I guess that's called 'being pricey' and 'the 8600M GT').

The user this signature is attached to can be disregarded safely.

Reply 448 of 448, by Bruninho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I wish the video had closed caption because I'm a bit deaf for that. Anyway, I was never really a fan of these big GPUs, as I demonstrated in another thread.

But actually, Nintendo fans should be more careful. Because Apple does have the resources, money and power to buy Nintendo and kill it just to preserve their beloved Apple Arcade project. They just don't want to. =)

JOBS, Steve.