VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by roysvork

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've had a bit of an accident with one of my big box games... it slipped off my lap, bounced on another box and put a small but obvious white crease in the side of an otherwise really collectible box 😧😭I learned a valuable lesson in the process but I'm understandably gutted.

file.php?mode=view&id=85107

I've made my peace with the fact I've probably wiped a good chunk off the value, but as this item is for my long-term collection then resale isn't necessarily at the front of my mind, and over time taking good care of it and storing it well will be more important anyways.

What I'd like to figure out if there's anything I can do to touch it up, so at least I'm not reminded of how much a fool I was every time I look at the box. I'm aware that doing too much to it could make things worse, but if it wasn't just so white and obvious it wouldn't be half as bad.

Does anyone have any suggestions, ideas, techniques? Alternatively, anyone want to tell me that it's not as bad as it looks and that I should worry less??

Pete

Attachments

Reply 1 of 1, by wiretap

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You can always do what a lot of eBay sellers do and put some new shrink wrap on it and sell it as new/unopened to gain higher bids. 🤣 (I have been the victim of this on more than one occasion)

My Github
Circuit Board Repair Manuals