Are the most famous.

Attachments

Reply 42 of 77, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
xcomcmdr wrote on 2020-06-11, 07:08:

Logitech M535. On stupid machines with only two usb ports, a bluetooth mouse is a godsend.

Plus it's cute and fits the hand quite nicely. It's not a stupid lump of ugly blackness that weights a ton and hurts to move around thanks to sharp edges like a "gamer" mouse.

I hate every "gamer" stuff. It means "we borked the design. It's also ugly as sin. And overpriced."

What if the computer doesn't have BT?

The Logitech M535 is too small for me to use comfortably.

You should try the Corsair M65 Pro RGB.
I hate almost all gamer mice but this one is as close to perfect as you will get in regards to design and feel as you can currently get.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 43 of 77, by buckeye

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Intel486dx33 wrote on 2020-06-11, 16:38:

Silly, Mouseketeers of course.

“Annette, Christina and Brittney”
Are the most famous.

C'mon now, no mouseketeer "fetish" here. You have work to do on your 500 pentium dos build!😁

Asus P5N-E Intel Core 2 Duo 3.33ghz. 4GB DDR2 Geforce 470 1GB SB X-Fi Titanium 650W XP SP3
Intel SE440BX P3 450 256MB 80GB SSD Radeon 7200 64mb SB 32pnp 350W 98SE
MSI x570 Gaming Pro Carbon Ryzen 3700x 32GB DDR4 Zotac RTX 3070 8GB WD Black 1TB 850W

Reply 45 of 77, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Microsoft intellimouse. The one posted above, that are silver and grey. The one with that red plastic. Best damn mouse I ever have used.

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 47 of 77, by Firtasik

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

In case of the double-clicking problem, open up the microswitch and scratch its metal contacts. This fix keeps my ~9 year old Logitech G500 alive with the original microswitches.

11 1 111 11 1 1 1 1 1 11 1 1 111 1 111 1 1 1 1 111

Reply 48 of 77, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Firtasik wrote on 2020-06-12, 19:40:

In case of the double-clicking problem, open up the microswitch and scratch its metal contacts. This fix keeps my ~9 year old Logitech G500 alive with the original microswitches.

You may be on to something. My old M570's microswitches stopped working after very light use, so the issue might simply have been oxidation . I don't live in a basement, use air conditioning in the summer and am located on 45th parallel north, so it's definitely not rain forest conditions . Maybe there is a fabrication or design flaw (choice of materials) in some of those switches that leads to premature oxidation . I will take that M570 apart someday and check .

Reply 49 of 77, by imi

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

it is more or less an inherent property of mechanical switches, of course the more sensetive and fast your readout gets, the more of a problem this can become and you need better "debounce" circuity or software solutions, when my explorer V3 started doubleclicking (or rather after over a year and I got annoyed too much x3) I just used a software to detect the "bounced" double clicks and filter them out before I finally soldered in new switches.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switch#Contact_bounce

of course this can also just increase with wear of the switch

Reply 50 of 77, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
imi wrote on 2020-06-13, 00:02:

it is more or less an inherent property of mechanical switches, of course the more sensetive and fast your readout gets, the more of a problem this can become and you need better "debounce" circuity or software solutions, when my explorer V3 started doubleclicking (or rather after over a year and I got annoyed too much x3) I just used a software to detect the "bounced" double clicks and filter them out before I finally soldered in new switches.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switch#Contact_bounce

of course this can also just increase with wear of the switch

I imagine that more recent quality mice are implemented using ICs with higher performance debouncing logic than older ones and yet, for example, the PS/2 Logitech trackball that I am using in my main retro rig has been well used over the last 20 years and its switches still work fine while my first M570 crapped out quickly (not a huge sampling size, I know) . Some switches seem to be better built than others, durability-wise . I have had a multitude of mice and trackballs over that last 25 years and have only had two issues with switches : one was the M570 and the other one was due to me spilling wine into a mouse not my proudest moment). Maybe I have just been relatively lucky on that front .

Reply 52 of 77, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
imi wrote on 2020-06-13, 01:10:

I guess the main reason for that is just that old mice are a lot "slower" so the bouncing isn't really that much of an issue.

I am not quite sure in what way older mice have slower button readout logic than modern ones . Was latency ever an issue in this respect? What point would there be to have the button polling logic by hyper sensitive an potentially generate problems that would require advanced debouncing logic as well ? I have never been able to double click too fast for a double click to register on one of my old mice/trackballs and I'm the twitchy, caffeine-loving type, so I fail to see the issue that would need fixing by a higher button polling rate . Motion tracking is another question altogether which definitely benefits from faster polling .

Reply 54 of 77, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
imi wrote on 2020-06-13, 01:33:

because debouncing could introduce latency and let you click less fast, today's gamers can't have that x3

I am still unconvinced that there was really ever an issue with mouse button reading speed or latency previously, even for gamer types, and if anything, manufacturers might have created a problem by using excessively fast button polling where it likely provides no benefits to anyone, except maybe to spec-sheet junkies experiencing placebo . That's my opinion so far, at least . If there are any scientific studies on the matter, I would be curious to see their results .

EDIT: just to be absolutely clear I have 2 doubts :

a) that, excluding corner cases of crappy hardware, latency differences between gaming and non gaming/older mice (button press wise) are significant enough to actually make a measurable/perceptible (double-blind) difference in gameplay
b) that button polling speed has a significant impact on the total latency of the process of registering a mouse button press .

EDIT2 : and also
c) that newer gaming mice actual have lower total button press registration latency than older PS/2 mice

Reply 55 of 77, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

i think at least double/triple click could be solved (and also accidentally dropping while dragging) if all 3 pins of the switch were connected so that the mouse registers both states (pressed and released) . Unfortunately only two pins are connected in all mice I seen and some switches even have 2 pins only.

BTW - I had returned to the shop a new Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 4.0 that was double clicking from time to time as new. (don't remember if the box was originally sealed when i bought it, so if it wasn't used before)

Reply 58 of 77, by martinot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
robertmo wrote on 2020-06-10, 08:26:

what's the best mouse?

Depends.

My absolut favorite for general tasks (surfing, work and gaming) right now, and for the last year, is the Logitech G Pro Wireless:

https://www.logitechg.com/en-gb/products/gami … 910-005273.html

Really great mouse, and highly recommended!

But I like to shift and use several different mouses (and keyboards).

Just today I got a new (corded) mouse: SteelSeries Sensei Ten (https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice/sensei-ten)

Update: returned the Sensei Ten as it was a sub par quality product (not up to the standards of my previous Sensei RAW mouses). Avoid this one.

Last edited by martinot on 2020-08-03, 13:35. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 59 of 77, by foil_fresh

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

intellimouse 1.1, 1.0, 3.0 all good. i remember getting a logitech optical usb/ps2 back in 2001 - i used the ps2 adaptor for a year before realising my pc's usb ports existed. switching to usb was very eye opening, didn't think the change would be so drastic.

my intelli 1.1 lasted from 2003 to 2010 - probably the mouse i was most fond of, also using an mx518/deathadder/razer krait back in the 00s too.

now i'm using one of those cheapo black microsoft essential mice with ps/2 adaptor on my dos pcs, works great. some of my motherboards allow for ps2rate to run at 200hz in windows, making ps2 a whole lot nicer.