VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have both Dawn Patrol and Dawn Patrol: Head to Head. Actually, the reason I purchased the latter is for the manual, since I have lost the box and the manual of the former, before even got any chance to play it seriously.

Anyway, in the game there is a mission named 'The Allies Respond', where you are supposed to protect friendly bombers from Fokker monoplanes.

control_188.png
Filename
control_188.png
File size
41.29 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Well, I have played the mission multiple times, successfully destroyed all enemy fighters, but I always failed the mission, because the bombers just didn't do their job to bomb the ground target, so I eventually took matters into my own hands by destroying the ground target myself.

control_182.png
Filename
control_182.png
File size
39.19 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Turned out the ground target was a truck convoy, as shown on the picture above. Destroying the convoy isn't really that hard. In fact, it only took me two passes.

control_180.png
Filename
control_180.png
File size
50.01 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

So, what's the problem, them? The problem is that you need to see the map (as shown above) by pressing M, to find the ground target, which is market by a red square on the map. And in Dawn Patrol: Head to Head, the M key just does not work, so there is no way in hell to finish the damn mission in Dawn Patrol: Head to Head.

However, the M key works on the plain Dawn Patrol, that I eventually revert to it and eschew the Head to Head version, just to finish the mission.

control_187.png
Filename
control_187.png
File size
34.72 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

I'm using DOSBOX .074 (the conf file is attached below). I haven't got the chance to play it on a real DOS PC. I just wonder though, have anyone experienced it too?

Attachments

• Filename
    dawnpatrol.conf
    File size
    10.83 KiB
    Downloads
    32 downloads
    File license
    Public domain

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.