VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by MrD

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm writing my own SB drivers in Turbo C and the Creative guide pdf I have covers the SB1,2,Pro and 16.

Are there any guides available for the AWE32 and up?

Are there any tables showing the DSP versions of these cards? I can see lots of lists of CTxxxx chip/board numbers, but not DSP versions. From what I can tell, for DOS-compatible cards (AWE32, 32, AWE64?), they all have a DSP major version of 4 and support the SB16 interface, is that right?

Reply 1 of 4, by Grzyb

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
MrD wrote on 2020-09-18, 23:55:

Are there any tables showing the DSP versions of these cards? I can see lots of lists of CTxxxx chip/board numbers, but not DSP versions. From what I can tell, for DOS-compatible cards (AWE32, 32, AWE64?), they all have a DSP major version of 4 and support the SB16 interface, is that right?

No DSP versions, but there's a list of DSP chips - Sound Blaster: From best to worst
Anyway, yes, AWE32/32/AWE64 are all just SB16+EMU8000, so it's all DSP 4.xx

Żywotwór planetarny, jego gnijące błoto, jest świtem egzystencji, fazą wstępną, i wyłoni się z krwawych ciastomózgowych miedź miłująca...

Reply 3 of 4, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Here is a link to the archived AWE32 SDK and documentation:
https://www.phatcode.net/articles.php?id=244

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 4 of 4, by MrD

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks, cyclone. That organisation diagram on page 9 of the DIP also seems to answer something I was curious about - the wavetable output is combined into the FM output and becomes the 'MIDI' input from Mixer's perspective, if I'm reading it right? I don't own anything beyond a SB16 myself, so I'm not familiar with it.