IMG20200925224116.jpg
Filename
IMG20200925224116.jpg
File size
381.77 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

These mini cds are sweet but i am not too sure on what games without cd audio that wont be too big for these... Any reccomendations? Im thinking those cd re-releases of dos games on a lot of floppies originally. Or any apps that might be amusing or useful. I owned xcom and tftd back in the day, they should be small enough.

I had a random business card once in cd format. Was there extra but useless cd standards? The packaging of this set doesnt have any iso numbers, yet my cd rom drive trays all seem to have the cutout for this exact size. Intriguing.

Cheers

Reply 1 of 5, by Cyberdyne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sam and Max talkie is just over 200MB uncompressed. So it should fit. Or you want to play straigth from the CD?

I am aroused about any X86 motherboard that has full functional ISA slot. I think i have problem. Not really into that original (Turbo) XT,286,386 and CGA/EGA stuff. So just a DOS nut.
PS. If I upload RAR, it is a 16-bit DOS RAR Version 2.50.

Reply 3 of 5, by Cyberdyne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well yo should also beware, that some games do not like to run from write protected media, that they hold teir configuration files and save files in home directory, and they can not be moved.

I am aroused about any X86 motherboard that has full functional ISA slot. I think i have problem. Not really into that original (Turbo) XT,286,386 and CGA/EGA stuff. So just a DOS nut.
PS. If I upload RAR, it is a 16-bit DOS RAR Version 2.50.

Reply 4 of 5, by thepirategamerboy12

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

DOS PC CD-ROM Games I know of at the top of my head that will fit on those mini CDs:

Indiana Jones & The Fate of Atlantis
Adventures of Willy Beamish
Magic Carpet Plus
Terminator Future Shock
MadDog McCree
I.M. Meen

Reply 5 of 5, by foil_fresh

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
thepirategamerboy12 wrote on 2020-09-25, 13:31:
DOS PC CD-ROM Games I know of at the top of my head that will fit on those mini CDs: […]
Show full quote

DOS PC CD-ROM Games I know of at the top of my head that will fit on those mini CDs:

Indiana Jones & The Fate of Atlantis
Adventures of Willy Beamish
Magic Carpet Plus
Terminator Future Shock
MadDog McCree
I.M. Meen

Thanks 😀

I've been meaning to check out MadDog McCree and Willy Beamish for a while, so this is great.