VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by pentiumspeed

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Working with our friend's computer that we knew friend for years, and I need questions:

I just got vintage computer (yes it is!) of G41 chipset with E6500 Pentium dual core 2.93GHz, still 4GB memory running not genuine windows 7 for years! I'm replacing that with Haswell HP G1 800 with activated windows 10 and 16GB on WD blue 250GB SSD. This will be much better than that cheapskate people giving our friend a computer. I knew that it happened twice.

Turbotax website keeps programs 3 years older but I need to go back farther to 7 years due to Canadian tax forms requirements to hold on them for 7 years.

Is there a way to transfer both programs and forms? Otherwise convert them to PDF documents as Turbotax suggests?

Cheers,

Great Northern aka Canada.

Reply 1 of 1, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

What exactly is your question? Do you have an old version of Turbotax that you cannot install on a computer for some reason or another?

Unfortunately I think Intuit uses some horrible version of online activation and will not officially yet you use older versions of their software – unless you can find a crack somewhere. (I have some old Intuit software myself that I've been hoping to find some means of installing somehow.)