VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by IBMFan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, guys, little offtopic here.

I got a new battery for my Xperia X F5121 because the old one was 4 years old and didn't last the night.
I ordered an original Sony. I already bought from that store and there was no problem before.
This is what they sent me. Logo is there but the battery looks like a shitty aftermarket battery. It drains 50% on idle so it's not much better than the one I replaced.
It doesn't look like an original at all but the logo is there. It looks like somebody took an aftermarket battery and put an original Sony sticker on top.
What could be the truth?
I don't trust battery stores because another store already tried to sell me an aftermarket battery as genuine.

Attachments

• xpxb.jpg
    Filename
    xpxb.jpg
    File size
    103.56 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Original
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • DSCN3097.JPG
    Filename
    DSCN3097.JPG
    File size
    1.1 MiB
    Views
    File comment
    replacement
    File license
  • DSCN3094.JPG
    Filename
    DSCN3094.JPG
    File size
    1.13 MiB
    Views
    File comment
    replacement
    File license
  • DSCN3093.JPG
    Filename
    DSCN3093.JPG
    File size
    1.21 MiB
    Views
    File comment
    replacement
    File license

Reply 1 of 2, by treeman

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You can usually tell by putting original battery and suspected battery side by side.

See if the fonts and quality of the print is the same, cheap Chinese fakes usually have more blurry and less sharp writing, might be crooked and might even have spelling mistakes

Reply 2 of 2, by IBMFan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The only notable difference is that this battery has R-XXXXXXXXX and ZUxxxxxxx-xxxxx while the one originally from the phone has valid numbers.
As far as I can see aftermarket replacements have this XXXXXX while genuine parts have numbers.