VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by ChaosFish

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Dear Vogons hello,
I'm into writing guides. Among the guides I wrote, there's my LBA1/2 DOSBox Guide which I'll be interested in submiting in the DOSBox guides forum under my name and update it constantly.
Can I get a permission to post there please? I don't know if this is the right forum to ask that, so excuse me if it isn't 😀

Of course once I get the permission I very-much might post some other DOSBox guides.

Oh and, please don't tell me to post my guides at the wiki. I don't like wiki and wiki doesn't like me.

Thanks you in advance,
Fishos

Reply 1 of 6, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Well, my personal opinion is that there should not be game specific guides in the DOSBOX Guides (there are many game specific advices - so it could very quickly fill up by lot of threads)... I already said that to DOSFREAK (Mechwarrior 2 guide - see DOSBOX Games/Apps). So no LBA guide.

I think there should be only some general things (well, but for example running W3.1 in DOSBOX guide would be ok as well).
This is just my personal opinion (I did not consult it with others).

As far as rights for DOSBOX Guides: ask QBIX what he thinks...

Mirek

Reply 2 of 6, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Post 'em in DosBox General for now. We can always move 'em later....plus it gives plenty of time for input on things missing from the guides.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 3 of 6, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I wonder - what about doing this:
- game specific guides normally in DOSBOX Games/Apps (as any other threads)
- links to them from a special section in wiki ("Game guides" or something similar) .

This way anybody could add a link to his guide there and he would be still using VOGONS (when he does not like to write a guide in wiki). This would in a way highlighted these threads from other in DOSBOX Games/Apps (I realize you are putting some extra work to this). The reason why I do not want it in DOSBOX Guides is because I want DOSBOX Guides to be short (so that a newbie could easily see titles of all threads which are there *without* needing to use search at all). If there are too many things, it will lose its sense (and it will just overlap in its sense with DOSBOX Games/Apps).

Mirek

Reply 4 of 6, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

a different method (can be seen where the "support" for dosxbox is)
is that you create a 1 sticky thread which holds all links to the guides to each game. that would be a good enhanched of the dosbos games section.
it might actually reduced the amount of double questions. if each game would get assigned one thread that solves all common problems with one game.

(so maybe less privateer topics 😀

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!